III The Morons

"Told you don't go by yourself. It's dangerous." The boy with eyebrow piercings sounded stressed while Taehyun was parking the grey van inside.

"Someone gotta stay here." Taehyun replied as he got off the car from the driver door, the older boy held him tight, "You have me worried." Taehyun returned the hug, "I'm fine, Yeonjunnie hyung."

Taehyun proceeded to open the main door, the older boy entered the van to help carry his backpack, the corner of his eye caught a sobbing boba ball wriggled on the bed, he flinched as startled by him.

"You brought a bit*h too?" Yeonjun stared at the Celestian boy who looked helpless as well as harmless.

"He's not." Taehyun said. "Or is he?" He smirked before motioning the Celestian to follow them.

Beomgyu imprinted the look of the city into his heart, it was no much difference from other slums. The constructions were old and obviously needed repair.

Some residents came out of the shade after hearing them

Some residents came out of the shade after hearing them. However, they stepped back afeared when they saw Beomgyu. From his clean and expensive clothes, they could identify the boy was a Celestian.

"He's with me. Don't panic." Taehyun tried to soothe the tensed atmosphere. He unzipped the backpack that Yeonjun had dropped on the round table. The first object he pulled out from the carrier was quite surprising.

"Huening, your plushie." Taehyun whose facial expression had soften when he handed the huggable bunny plushie to the blond boy.

"You don't have to!" Hueningkai felt guilty, stealing groceries was his only job but Taehyun risked his life for this extra plushie.

"It was your birthday last week, you deserve it." Taehyun rubs his shoulder, Hueningkai knew it's no use to argue with his stubborn bro so he sincerely said, "Thank you..."

Next, it was a box of crayons that being drawn out. "Sunoo, your crayons."

The 8-year-old bounced on his feet excitedly once he heard Taehyun calling his name. He took the rainbow crayons in his hands, eyes sparkling as the little artist was already imagining what he could draw with them.

Taehyun patted his head before emptying the rest. A few packs of ingredients that could be preserved a little longer were rolling out from the backpack.

"Sorry, couldn't make it much from the store. They installed a new security system, I was on the edge." Taehyun looked down biting his lips, he didn't want to disappoint the others. To his dismay, he was almost domed by the police for taking too long to round his crime.

"I can eat the bad ones..." Yeonjun muttered to Taehyun, the younger boy shook his head. It would be a difficult situation to assign whom to eat the normal food, that's why he was blaming himself for making so little spoils.

They could collect food from other slums, those were the poisoned one distributed by the Celestians. The grown-ups would feel guilty feeding the little ones with those.