XLIV The Promise

"I should include acting in my career." Beomgyu let out an airy laugh when Taehyun and he invaded the empty room effortlessly.

"No objection, you're a superstar." Taehyun passed the USB to Beomgyu, who immediately settled down before one of the computers. Fortunately, he still remembered how the system worked so he inserted the content and transmitted it to the citizen's phones.

All Celestians received a notification from their 'life plan' application at the same time. No one expected the broadcast center to be hijacked so they checked on their phones curiously.

It opened up a video with narrations that resembled an advertisement for traveling–

"Shangri-La, a beautiful town located at the northernmost border of this continent. The entrance is very tricky to find, yet accessible to anyone with the help of a local guide..."

Amidst controversy, the majority concurred that it's time to show the world how Shangri-La looked like. Either way they wouldn't live under the shadow for any longer. It needed a lot of courage to open up but they might as well take this as an opportunity.

The video continued to showcase the beauty of Shangri-La and its culture–

"This place is incredibly beautiful since it maintains peace with nature. Nature gives us everything. Citizens here do not work to survive because people love to share. We together create this by living out our dreams–"

After the scene of magnificent mountains and lakes, the screen cut to a smiley boy with an acoustic guitar

After the scene of magnificent mountains and lakes, the screen cut to a smiley boy with an acoustic guitar. "If you come, you'll love this place! Discover our tours at this website! We're so excited to share what we have with you! " He advertised sincerely before brushing a bright chord on his instrument. Then a crowd of inhabitants joined him in the frame and sang in unison.

"Isn't he studying overseas?"

The Celestians were all shocked to see Beomgyu in the video.

For common citizens, they simply watched an advertisement for a new traveling destination promoted by Beomgyu. Howbeit, in this way, the bounty from the government was no longer effective since everyone could go to Shangri-La.

Indeed not only in the Celestian city, this video was widespread in other alliance states before this operation. Very soon, they would be known as the best tourist spot and their unique community style would inspire many. With tourists and media around, it would be very unwise for the Celestians government to continuously bother them.

With their creative mind, Shangri-La was trying to prove that violence was not the only solution for conflicts.

"I'm so proud of you." Taehyun pecked Beomgyu's forehead when they left the room in a hurry after dropping the video. The whole building was bathed in red lights and blaring alarms since the staff were aware of their invasion as soon as the video was played.

Thanks to Beomgyu who had clarity of every corner of this tall structure, they ran for their lives and made it to Wolf Gang's van, with a troupe of armed sentinels tailing them just a few feet away.

"You go first!" Taehyun pushed his boyfriend into the van when one of the security guards grabbed hold of his shirt. Next he was being forced to the ground, engirdled by more of them.

Bang–

Everything was happening too fast to keep up with but the bloody wound on Taehyun's chest unraveled their perplexity.

"NO–"

Beomgyu and the missionaries cried out. Yeonjun was the first to scramble out of the van.

No, he would not abandon Taehyun like they did to Mr Kim.

The rest of the Wolf Gang followed and scuffled with the guards so that Beomgyu could approach the injured boy.

"Tyun! P-Please... s-stay with me..." Beomgyu's voice cracked and quivered. Suppressing his sobs, he made Taehyun lean on him, hand pressing hard onto his wound in hope of stopping the continual bleeding.

"B-Beom..." Taehyun moved his lips in difficulty as a spit of blood rolled out.

So that's how Mr Kim felt...

Recollections of the past year telecast on his mind like a movie player rotating films on its own. It all started from kidnapping the pretty boy Beomgyu to the death of Mr Kim and the journey to Shangri-La, all the way to their new life in utopia...

Taehyun always envisioned himself in Yeonbin's wedding, carrying out his responsibility as their best man. How would Beomgyu react if he proposed in there? How would he feel to hold his baby in his arms?

Just imagining these scenes made his mouth curved up a bit. If he didn't get to experience them, at least, he fulfilled his promise to protect Beomgyu.

"Sorry..." He looked at Beomgyu with a weak smile, the latter had been uncontrollably shedding his tears.

"Hold on! I'll bring you to the best doctors!" Beomgyu spent all his strength to pull his lover towards the van.

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

Beomgyu directed Bang Chan to drive them to the national hospital– the first place that came to his mind. He prayed that someone he knew might help.

As soon as they arrived the destination, Beomgyu barged in the hospital, carrying Taehyun in his arms. Not giving a f*k to all the eyes on him, he shouted in despair, "Yujin! Yujin!"