XLIX The Epilogue

(1 year later)

"Yoongi hyung, what do you think about this?" Beomgyu showed his boss the lyrics he wrote in his notebook. He had been producing his own music and what's more exciting was that his solo concert would be held by the end of this year.

The power of the Internet should not be neglected. Since the promotional video, people from different countries were interested in Beomgyu's music so some of them might travel to Shangri-La to attend his concert. The citizens were more than eager to support Beomgyu since it would turn into an opportunity for tourism. 

In the middle of their discussion, they heard the street alarms ringing, followed by an announcement.

'Dear people of Shangri-La, we want to disturb your beautiful day with an uplifting message..."

"It's him!" Beomgyu bounded from his seat. He didn't care about the teasing from Yoongi as he hurried up to stuff all his belongings into his tote bag and fleeted towards the city's gate.

├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤

Beomgyu almost bumped into his husband if he didn't notice the baby in Taehyun's arms.

"See who's here?" Taehyun said, intriguing his lover.

"TA-DA!" Before the latter made a guess, Jungwon and Sunoo who had been hiding behind Taehyun exposed themselves from two sides.

"It's you! I miss you babies~" Beomgyu hugged the two kids merrily. However, their heart-warming reunion was disturbed by a wretched cry. The infant wailed in Taehyun's hold as if calling for more attention.

"Where's Hannie hyung? I can't deal with the baby... Ahh– Don't cry, you're a strong boy–" Taehyun, with the least experience in handling a newborn, tried his best to rock the little angel in his arms.

"He's so small, so cute..." Beomgyu hesitantly placed one finger above the baby. He watched the latter wrapped his tiny hand around his finger. His catastrophic bawl degraded to sobs as he looked curiously at Beomgyu's sheepish smile.

"Does he like you?" Taehyun asked unbelievably and Beomgyu shrugged his shoulders. "You like him?" He asked the baby instead. The little one stopped crying and concentrated on playing with the silver ring on Beomgyu's finger.

The couple exchanged a look. Taehyun saw the fondness in Beomgyu's eyes. He was sure they were sharing a mutual thought that both their hearts were hooked by the little one.

"No, we can't, seriously. I'm always out of town and I don't want you to bear all the responsibility." Taehyun reasoned out despite himself wanting the baby as much as his husband. On one hand, Beomgyu would be running a schedule once he started performing on stages. Raising a baby under time-consuming careers would not be easy.

"Maybe we'll figure out a way. He's really cute..." Beomgyu caressed the baby's soft hair. He had grown attached to him in such a short time.

"Did you forget about us? We're always here to help." Soobin and Yeonjun walked towards them with Sean, their Pomeranian dog. This pair didn't want to have children so they petted a dog, a cat and a hedgehog instead.

"Dunoo is hyung. Dunoo will take care of him." Sunoo and Jungwon tip-toed to peek at the baby. Taehyun lowered his body to let the two have a closer look. Now the baby had his hyungs. They had a further extended family.

"What is this, by the way?" Beomgyu picked out a small piece of paper which was half buried under the baby's sock. Seems like others were not observant enough to discover it.

He unfolded the paper and read it with Taehyun. It was a letter written by the baby's mother. She was forced to abandon the baby and hoped for a kind-hearted someone to take care of him.

Besides the mother's mournful confession, what amazed Taehyun was the child's name. He matched eyes with Beomgyu and they both thought it was fate. He brought the baby closer to his face so that he could mumble to him softly, "Welcome to Shangri-La, Namjoonie." 

~The End~

├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤

├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤

├┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┤