XXX The Reunion

"Where's my son?"

"He drove your-"

"WHERE!?"

The police chef slammed his desk in exasperation, the cup of coffee shook vigorously and spilled some onto his papers. But the man didn't spare his mind.

"Sorry sir-"

"We found his phone and your car at a forest. That's where we lost track of him." Finally one of his men gave useful facts.

Noting his subordinate's report, the chef gritted his teeth. "The little rats?" Referring to the young kids who had escaped from the walled city when the grown-ups started their journey.

He changed the topic, hoping to at least have one of his searches in sound progress.

"They dispersed into different slums, too scattered to trace-"

The chef held up his palm to stop the policeman from talking. He turned around facing the city view through the giant glass window, knitting his eyebrows together as he drilled in thoughts.

The world created by Celestians was perfect, flawless. With pride, it was one of the leading cities in technology and economy. He had enough with the crackles conspired by these morons, threatening their ideal system. Their 'crimes' propagated the sense of 'rebellion' which might buoy up the rest of the morons to imitate their acts.

Oh not only were there crackles on the wall, he had a bad feeling. It's just a matter of time that something more would be hatching out from there if he continued to let them fly around freely, just like 50 years ago– the uprising of a Celestian man called Bang who insisted on building a place of equality.

Although the man vanished after his voices failed to catch many ears, it was believed that he was the initiator of all– training the younger generation such as Kim Namjoon to carry on his will.

Just the thought of another revolution whipped him up in headaches.

As if the workload these days wasn't enough to haunt him, the sound of high-heels rocking the corridor became more significant.

After a few knocks, a sickeningly sweet aroma encroached his cell as the woman came in.

"Good afternoon, Mrs Choi. Unfortunately we had no updates about your son yet. It was my biggest mistake to let loose on those kids-" Before the chef finished explaining, the woman, wearing a smile, which was quite an unexpected response, cut in his words, "Mistakes can lead to opportunities too."

The man was confused because he had been placing himself in a fret since the morons were sifted between his fingers, until Mrs Choi approached him closer with her tablet.

"The research you requested for my assistance-" She tapped open a folder filled with pictures, scrolling through different sketching notes they collected from the now abandoned walled city, which were Taehyun's and his companions' hand-writings. "All the time we thought they were escaping from us. Indeed, they were going somewhere."

From their memorandums, it wasn't hard to discern these boys were organizing a trip.

'A trip to where?' was their ultimate question.

However, not like they had absolutely zero clue on it. Only that one place would accept and transform rebellions like them, like Kim Namjoon. That one place established by Bang, that one place the Celestians had always desperately wanted to find out, to lay hold of, and to destroy.

This time, though the evidence they came up with was limited, Mrs Choi confidently brought up her suggestion, "If you are shorthanded, how about

-a bounty?"