XXI The Stay 1

Taehyun was so lost in Beomgyu's pretty side profile when the latter struggled with the spray, twisting the cap with all his might.

"Aishh- not like this..." Beomgyu's brows knitted together, yet refused the help from the younger so all Taehyun could do was chilling, sitting back, looking at him with fond eyes.

What he didn't expect was-

Beomgyu the clumsy bear yelped, as startled by the spray that finally opened itself, spurting thick paints onto Taehyun's cheek and collar.

"Oops, sorry-" Beomgyu noticed Taehyun's loving gaze now turned into a death stare. He immediately dropped the bottle and ran for his life.

Taehyun was competitive, chasing him from the back while Beomgyu was sprinting everywhere with tiny screams.

He could reach the older quickly but what's the fun? Taehyun chose to pace down and let his prey wander for a little while.

Beomgyu bumped into Yeonjun and Han, who were tirelessly cleaning the van with cloths. Being the troublemaker, Beomgyu just had to knock over their water bucket 'accidentally'. The clean water they prepared was all splashed onto the ground, wasted.

"Yahh-"

"F you!"

Under their cusses, neither Beomgyu nor Taehyun ceased their steps. However, the younger changed his mind– It's time to capture the wild bear because he was a trouble magnet.

Taehyun dashed, arms caging Beomgyu from behind, tickling his slim waist in a playful manner.

"AHHHH-" Beomgyu's shriek could be heard from miles, followed by beautiful giggles, which Taehyun wanted to keep them all to himself, which he didn't realize himself laughing along, having fun.

It was the first time he laughed wholeheartedly after countless tears.

Again, it was Beomgyu elevated him from hell.

If rainbow is his prize from the tempest, this boy must be his rainbow. Being alone on the road of manifestation is suffering– Taehyun secretly thanked the universe for having Beomgyu by his side.

Their mud-stained shoes were dancing over puddles, making rhythms of their own. Clear water under feet reflected two frisky boys jostling each other.

"Stop! Stop! Hahaha-" The older whipped his head to the back, begging.

Both of them muted instantly when their faces were indeed less than an inch apart. What's more embarrassing than feeling each other's warm, irregular breaths after a homerun?

Taehyun, a straightforward guy, didn't miss his chance to stare into his crystal eyes, into his soul. Oh the perplexity– he really wished that one gaze could convey all his feelings to Beomgyu.

Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't– Beomgyu pouted shyly looking away with awkward laughs.

A mild breeze uncurtained his long hair, revealing his slightly pink cheeks, which didn't go unnoticed by Taehyun. A smirk climbed up the younger's lips.

His hands, still on Beomgyu's sides, mischievously slid upward...

"Yahh- Where're you touching?" Beomgyu wriggled from his hold as he felt Taehyun's fingers hovering over his chest.

"You like it, don't you?" Taehyun made sure his lips brushed against the older's ear as he whispered.

"We're outside!" Beomgyu tried not to make too much noise, fortunate enough, everyone was concentrating on their own task.