XLV The Hospital

Beomgyu kneeled down on the floor. Throughout his life as a chaebol, he had never begged anyone or lowered his head for anything since he was being well taken care of.

"Someone help him! Please! Yujin! Where's Yujin?" He looked for any medical worker that passed by with fear in their eyes, until one explained to him, "Mr Choi, we're notified to not accommodate any criminals..."

Even the televisions in the hospital had been playing news about the breakout at the Choi's Technology Tower.

"Did you train yourself just to watch? What's so cool about med school when you can't even save a life?" Beomgyu continued to throw tantrums to the nurses who were daunted by the consequences of disobedience.

"Oppa!"

Beomgyu jerked his neck to the direction of the voice. His eyes widened with hope for his savior.

"God! What's happening?" Yujin, his fiance, though in shock, was not freaking out as much since she had been working in the medical field for over a year, plus her parents were doctors and owned this hospital so she had experience since younger.

"This is– We have to stop the bleeding..." On her knees, Yujin stooped down to examine the wound despite her colleagues watching from behind, gossiping about her.

"Save him, please. I-I can't let him die..." Beomgyu held Taehyun's head endearingly in his bloody hand, rubbing his cheek against the lifeless boy's, the latter didn't give any response since he had lost consciousness on the way. From this subtle move, Yujin seemed to understand how precious the injured one meant to Beomgyu.

"I'm just a student..." Yujin applied pressure against the wound with a clean cloth. It was the least of what she could do. She was in the hospital for practice, still far from being a doctor, not to mention performing a surgery on her own.

The tumult alarmed the CEO of the hospital– Dr Park a.k.a.Yujin's father. Escorted by his subordinates, he too showed up at the entrance.

"Father, please!" Yujin pleaded, almost crying for the boy in front of her. He was closer to the abyss at every minute while she didn't have enough knowledge to take care of the situation.

Her father averted his gaze to Beomgyu in an unreadable expression. He didn't hate the young boy. Indeed Beomgyu was sweet and funny, though his engagement with his daughter was an arranged one, the boy never failed to treat his daughter nicely.

"Mr Park, you're the best doctor. Doctors save lives, right?" Beomgyu evoked his conscience which caused the man to sigh.

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

Not after long, the door of the surgery center opened with only Yujin coming out from there. Beomgyu and the missionaries huddled around her for information.

"He's losing way too much blood. A transfusion is needed. I'm not sure if we can use our stock–"

Beomgyu was ready to volunteer himself for his lover, yet was outrun by Yeonjun.

"I have been waiting for this moment in my whole life– to pay him back." Yeonjun said with determination.

He hugged Beomgyu who looked so broken and emotionally insecure, stroking his back, assuring him before telling the girl, "Take my blood, take as much as you need." And so Yeonjun followed Yujin into the operating room. 

A few more hours passed, Beomgyu never left the seat outside the room, his nerves all tensed up just in case of another update. Yeji and Ryujin stayed by his side to support the poor boy while Bang Chan and Changbin guarded the door.