XV The Lost 1

TW: Death of character

As soon as Beomgyu reached the gate, he could feel the rising turmoil, cries and bullet rain were showering the road.

Opaque smoke of roasting heat grew before him, fogged his vision.

He figured out the smoke was emitted from a burning van- Taehyun's van hit on a light pole.

He gagged a few times before covering his breath with his sleeves, boring through the clouds of fumes

Seems like Taehyun and Namjoon were last to break free from the smashed vehicle, they shielded themselves from the bullets with a skateboard.

Yeonjun and Hueningkai left the van before them, agile enough to climb into the other one- Han's van before the officers approached.

Han was driving the van in circle, watching out for an opportunity to fetch the remaining two.

"Don't shoot them! Don't shoot them!" Beomgyu shouted to the police, the unarmed boy stood in front of Taehyun and Namjoon with his arms spread.

"Pabo, why are you here? It's dangerous!" Taehyun was merely surprised by his appearance and at the same time, worried about the rich boy because it was a dead-or-alive situation, there's no reason he should be here.

The police did stop firing but they were not very patient with the obstacle.

"Get out of the way, sir!" One of them requested.

Beomgyu didn't move a tiny bit, determined to protect the morons.

"Someone get him out of there!" The leader gestured a sign for his colleagues to minimize their distance.

They heard the van honking loud as Han braked the wheels right behind his friends, door slid open.

"You go first!" Namjoon shoved Taehyun into it although the younger objected.

His turn, Namjoon stepped one foot onto the van but an officer pulled him back to the ground. He scuffled with him and somehow managed to strike him to the side but forgetting there were plenty of them-

Bang!

A bullet, fast and accurate, penetrated through his chest, blood instantly drew from the wound, he fell on his knees pathetically.

"NOOOOOO!" The boys screamed from their lungs as they peeped from the window. Everything happened too fast that they couldn't even spot who fired.

"B-Boy, d-do me a favor..." It was millionths of a second- Pouring his remaining strength, Namjoon bumped on the officer who was trying to capture Beomgyu.

"Give this to him..." Though his body trembling, Namjoon calmly pulled out a small piece of paper from his ear hole.

The Celestian boy quickly grabbed it from him and hopped on the van.

"GO! JUST GO!" Namjoon urged the boys when more officers surrounded him, until they could no longer see his figure and sounds of gunshots blasted into the air.

The engine of the van started again before the police bombarded them with bullets.

"NO! WE HAVE TO SAVE HIM!" Taehyun was leaving the van, Yeonjun reached his hands to grab hold of him. Others deftly put the lid to the only exit.

"-THE FUCK YOU DOING! OPEN THE DOOR!" Taehyun was getting stronger these days, Yeonjun couldn't really take over the little beast, the younger scrambled towards the driver seat, "GO BACK! I'M TELLING YOU TO GO BACK, HAN JISUN-"

Taehyun felt a sting on his cheek, it didn't cause much hurt but enough for him to stop yelling. It kinda surprised him, because it was Beomgyu who slapped him on his face, he stared at the younger seriously, "Look around, pabo!"

He listened to Beomgyu and observed the others, tears were rolling off Han's eyelids already, maybe Taehyun was too outraged to notice that earlier.

"T-Tae, please! We don't want to lose you too." Sniffling and rubbing the tears off his vision, Han, and all of them didn't want to lose more so they acted according to Namjoon's words- KEEP GOING.

Taehyun turned around to see Yeonjun and the rest were snivelling in their place.

"No one wants it, you know how much we love Mr Kim..." Yeonjun hugged the younger tightly, stroking his back.

Finally they had passed through the state of denial- They lost the man.

It was sorrow that went after them, they cried in each other's arms...

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

(Soobin's home)

Soobin kept changing the channel for his television with the remote controller, not in a very good temper.

"What happened? None of these is showing!"

The exasperated male flumped back to the couch, holding his head.

His father promised him today, they were bringing back Beomgyu to them so he had been waiting for the good news.

Nonetheless, both of his eyes clearly saw Yeonjun and the morons appeared on the TV broadcast but it was then jump-cut to another news.

What happened to Yeonjun hyung? Why was he with the morons again? And what's the matter with the media?

Maybe I should have run away with Yeonjun hyung...

After he calmed down from perplexity, he concluded to have enough with this crap so he made up his mind.

"Young master, where are you going? You're supposed to stay home for dinner." A maid called him when he walked through the corridors, all the way to the car park. He ignored the house servants' gossiping and unlocked his car.