XXXIV The Gifts

They are leaving me like that !?

Hueningkai, the lonely boy pouted, staring at the plushie in his arms with glossy eyes– his hyungs were long gone for dates. The boys would assemble again for dinner but till then, their maknae was caught in inaction.

His hyungs left him alone with no concerns since he was an independent adult, or he convinced himself with that reason.

He did spin around the streets like everyone else, as if he was heading somewhere. At first, it was pretty interesting to see how the town was operated– Light poles started to glow as night was approaching, music of soft soothing piano jazz slipped through concretes, fragrance of coffee and spices grew in the air, tantalizing his appetite...

Nothing he found discontent with, just like its name– Shangri-La was perfect for living. Nonetheless, he felt like straying in a maze. Everyone seemed to have a goal or a destination once they reached Shangri-La, except him.

Good food, good people, good living... Emptiness still remained, to not have one's passion painted on a canvas.

Sticking with his hyungs since he was born, helping them was Hueningkai's greatest happiness. It would have been his life purpose until they flew to their dreams and partners. How could he condemn the blooming smiles on his hyungs as they dived into the meanings of their life?

A life consists of cycles but nothing is eternal. You met your friends while they are on their journey. And you're there to help them in those particular times. Likewise, a lot of people will help you on the way to manifest your own dreams.

What about him? From now on, where should he go? What should he do? Who needs his help?

Not everyone wants to be a hero. He wasn't much of a fighter like Taehyun or Yeonjun, nor did he have someone to love– Oh scratched that, he had Molang to take care of, whose pointy ears were burnt during the car crash when they were leaving the Celestian city.

"Don't worry, Molangie. I'll fix you!" He spoke to the plushie with determination, kneading the torn fabrics above its head.

This mushy friend reminded him of a forgotten dream– the drawings at Mr Kim's lesson, although it was merely a childish enthusiasm for the adult him.

├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤

Hueningkai reached the arts and crafts supply store with the help of locals.

To be accurate, it should be a workshop because of its setting, no price tags could be found

To be accurate, it should be a workshop because of its setting, no price tags could be found. Vast supplies and tools were neatly arranged by categories and colors either on the walls or on the wooden desks, the boy was surrounded by rainbow of colors which excited him.

In the same space, two other boys around his age were burying their heads into sewing, with mild background music playing through the speakers.

"Annyeonghaseyo..." Greeting strangers might not be his strength, the newcomer stood awkwardly at the entrance.