XXVI The Lovers 1

The cut on his flesh wasn't lethal, maybe it was the old scar in his heart being ripped apart again causing Yeonjun to stay unconscious.

He believed Soobin still cared for him because the younger went all the way to track him, risking to let down his father, risking to fall out of his designed future. Yeonjun took place somewhere in his heart if it wasn't wishful thinking.

"I'm his best friend." Beomgyu sighed. Sharing moments of life, he never knew Soobin had a lover.

His friend was resolute in protecting Yeonjun. Not to mention he was in awe of this small small world that allowed him to meet Soobin's lover already.

Since their oldest hyung was sleeping, resting, Taehyun substituted for the driver. They passed through a long road with forests on both sides, secluded.

Beomgyu snapped out of his trace, inclining on the window with both hands to spot a lake they just passed by.

Not after long, he started to require a bath. Quite understandable, none of them cared about hygiene for more than a week straight since they left the walls.

Everyone besides the chaebol didn't seem to mind it. Up to the time that Beomgyu's protest was soon louder than bombs, the van was parked somewhere deeper in the forest. Towering trees kept the vehicle hidden so that all of them could take a break.

⊱ ━━━━━.⋅ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ ⋅.━━━━━ ⊰

A dried leaf whirled by gales, eventually joined its friends on the ground, melting into the ocean of leaves– a collage of warm colors. It all started in the last season, when a skateboy decided to wreck a random Celestian's life, which happened to be Beomgyu's.

The long hair boy strolled to the lake while appreciating the Autumn vibe– Falling leaves all over the place were giving in to the gravity and winged their ways around him. Through the shower of Autumn leaves, he got closer to the water which was more pellucid than he expected, quite decent for a wash.

He stripped off himself quickly, feet stepped into the pond,"Oh-h Damnit!" He squealed, shivered a bit at the chilly cold on his skin

He stripped off himself quickly, feet stepped into the pond,"Oh-h Damnit!" He squealed, shivered a bit at the chilly cold on his skin. Even though his cold resistance was being challenged, anything would be better to stand the sweat and unbearable stink on him.

Splashing cold water towards his shoulder, the beauty closed his eyes. He was immersed in the relaxation and refreshing air as temporarily out of that small van, that suffocating cart contained four grown-up guys.

Just when he enjoyed his hair strands fly with the breeze, the sound of footsteps pacing on the grass alerted him.

He turned around to see Taehyun leaning against a tree, eyes fixed on him. Beomgyu sighed in relief or should he?

The shy bear immediately lowered his upper body to the water in response to Taehyun's blunt gaze.

"Waccha you doing here? Pervert!" He yelled at the guy who didn't feel apologetic at all.

"Watching out for you, princess." Sounds reasonable? The smirk in Taehyun's smile said it all.

"Or watching me?" Of course Beomgyu didn't buy it, his filthy intention was floating above the surface.

"Yeh, cuz why not both?" Taehyun responded smugly.

Beomgyu seemed to forget how shameless this guy could be. He backed off when Taehyun decided to join the nice view, walking towards him and even started pulling his own clothes off.

"Geez stay away." Beomgyu felt himself stick to the rocks behind, heat crawling up his face when he took a glimpse at the nude in front of him.

Not like Taehyun would listen to orders, he entered the water, swashing the clean fluid to his face. As he shook off the damped hair locks from blocking his vision, he didn't neglect the beauty. The further Beomgyu kept the distance, the shorter he minimized it. Until the older had nowhere to escape, they were face to face in the closest proximity, both naked.

"What am I to you?" Beomgyu surely savored his company but uncertainty was rising. He had enough of Taehyun's teases, he wanted to know if their feelings were synchronized or Taehyun was merely interested in his body.

After what they had gone through together, life-or-death circumstances, both of them shall mean something more to each other...

Not a verbal answer but Taehyun leaned closer, his hot breath was tickling on the other's cheek, eyes darted on his lips, attempting to capture them.

However, Beomgyu swiftly avoided it, "Give me an answer, not a kiss. It's your fault making me feel this..."

At first, he simply felt sympathy for this moron. Who could predict that snowball rolled up bigger, his feelings altered and grew each day.

"Feel what?" Taehyun grabbed his hand, placing it on his own chest, where a hammering heart was chambered, "Like this?"

Feeling the rhythm and warm touch on his bare skin, Beomgyu's head down with his usual pout, his shyness was nowhere to hide. He was so sure Taehyun could hear his racing heart tempo as well.

Looking at Taehyun's bare form was enough embarrassment, now they even shared a symphony of heartbeats.

Taehyun, the aggressive boy, didn't let him slip. His chin was tiled up by the younger's bony fingers, "Look at me, dummy."

Plan changed, instead of telling him when they reached utopia, Taehyun let his feelings overflow with the water beneath, "I like you, isn't that obvious?"

Beomgyu struggled off Taehyun's fingers, "Really? Don't you just want me to comfort-"

To sweep away his doubts, the fighter boy added, "Thank you for taking care of me from the beginning..." He scratched his silver locks, searching for the right words, "M-My life without you is hard to imagine. You're so much of a troublemaker but I like you, you're just too good for me.  F*k- I have never felt this before, just wonder if you like me the same way..."

After exposing himself, Taehyun snickered, trying to keep his cool, though his blushing ears were more evident than ever.

First time in his life he made a love confession– He was ready to be all alone in this fight but the universe sent him an angel— well, maybe sometimes a little devil. He could find nothing to replace the love and care received from the older.

Was the world insane or he was insane to find love in this world?

"Stay with me, stay by my side. I'll be strong enough to protect you, never let anyone lay their hands on you again." He sincerely stated.

What a straightforward guy, Beomgyu processed every word.

Seeing his doe eyes almost like pleading, Beomgyu cooed at the kitten who desperately waited for his reply. So the older curved up his lips, finding himself the upper hand, "I see, you're head over heels for me."