chapter twenty three

YOUR POV:

I made it to Becas dorm and just as I was about to knock, she came out and jumped a little.

"You scared me, you little shit." She held her hand over her chest and softly glared at me.

I giggled, "Sorry. You ready to go?"

"Mhm." She said and started walking down the hall and I followed.

"How was the performance?"

"Shitty. I sang part of the titanium song to mash it up and Aubrey flipped her shit. The judges loved it though."

"Speaking of Aubrey..." I trailed off after hearing what went down between them thanks to Chloe.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"We don't have to talk about it-"

"Good." Beca nodded.

"I'm just a little hurt that you didn't tell me. I mean I kinda got the hint the flowers weren't for Jesse but.."

"And here you are still talking about it." My sister sighed and stopped walking, "I didn't want to tell you because I was kinda scared. I've never felt like this before about any girl and I just wanted to make sure what I was feeling was right before I came out."

"Bec, you still could have came out. Your feelings are your feelings and they're valid. You know no matter what I'll always support you." I smiled.

"I know and I appreciate you so much for that. I guess I just couldn't believe I liked Aubrey of all people. But it doesn't matter now because I'm done with the group and I'm done with her. Now can we please head to the club?"

I nodded and we were on our way.

"There he is." Beca pointed towards Luke who was standing next to the bouncer.

"Hey." He smiled, "You okay?"

"I'm just done with those girls." Beca shrugged, "This is my sister, y/n."

"Yeah, yeah. I love your song by the way. Perfect vocals and love the guitar." The blond grinned.

"You've heard my song?" I exclaimed.

"Of course I have. Even play it at the shop. Your sister here wouldn't stop begging me to play it."

I looked at Beca and she playfully rolled her eyes, "I know I know, I'm amazing."

Luke got us into the club by saying we were with him and he got us some beers before saying he'd be back in a bit.

"I can't believe how much time I wasted on that silly a cappella shit. I'd rather be up there anyway." Beca gestures towards the DJ booth.

"You tried something new, that's all that matters. It was funny to see you dressed up in a flight attendant outfit." I laughed.

"Dick." She nudged me and laughed with me.

"But now you can focus full time on your music. We can work together more. L.A. is still the dream."

"God, I wish we were there now." Beca groaned, taking a swig of the bitter beer, "so, you still gonna go to the Bella rehearsals?"

"yeah. If Chloe wants me there I'll go. I want to support her in the things she does. Although I don't think Aubrey will want me there but I don't care."

"Fuck Aubrey Posen. I mean she can't control people. We can't all get on our knees and bow down to her. Why can't she realize that they're not gonna win unless they change up their set?"

I didn't say anything, I just took a sip of the beer and let her ramble on about Aubrey Posen. It was funny to hear her try and insult her but compliment her at the same time.

"Ugh, I have to take an angry pee." Beca huffed, setting her beer down on a random table, "Come with me."

"Why?"

"Because if I get murdered you get murdered too."

I laughed, taking a last sip of my drink before putting the bottle next to hers, "Alright, alright."

The bathrooms were surprisingly clean and smelled nice for it being club bathrooms. Beca and I used the bathroom and washed our hands when my phone started ringing in my pocket. I pulled it out and smiled when I seen Chloe's name.

"Hey Chlo." I answered.

"Baby," she sniffled.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I furrowed my eyebrows while my heart hammered in my chest thinking about all the bad possibilities.

"I don't feel good. It's my tummy." She whined, "Can you come and cuddle me?"

I glanced at Beca, "Uh, yeah. Yeah I'll be there. Just give me fifteen minutes."

Chloe coughed and I heard shuffling on the other end, "Okay."

"Do you want me to pick up anything from the store?"

"N-no I think I'll be okay. Just hurry."

We said our goodbyes and I turned towards Beca, "That was Chloe. She doesn't feel good and wants me to come over."

"Okay. I'll leave with you. This party kinda blows. Only thing good is the music."

I agreed with her and we made our way towards the exit and left, breathing in the fresh air. Once we made it back to our building, we both said good night and I made a pit stop to brush my teeth before visiting Chloe. I didn't want my breath to smell like beer all night.

I entered Chloe's dorm and she was throwing up chunks in a silver mixing bowl. I rushed over towards her and held her hair back and rubbed her back softly. When she was done throwing up she set the bowl on her nightstand and grabbed her water and took a few drinks before cuddling into me.

"Have you been throwing up a lot today?" I asked.

"Yeah. A few different times." She mumbled, playing with the string on my sweatshirt. The ginger sighed and sat up, her eyes welling with tears and she started to cry.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked softly, wiping away her tears.

"I was supposed to start my period today."

The realization didn't dawn on me at first but then it hit me like a ton of bricks. There was a chance Chloe was pregnant.

"And we're not even girlfriends yet and I could be pregnant with your kid and I don't want you to think I'm trapping you and-"

"Calm down Chlo. Breath baby." I said, not wanting her to work herself up to the point she would throw up again, "I couldn't ever think you would trap me. We can take a test and we can see."

She nodded, "I already have some tests. Aubrey bought some as a joke I think."

I nodded and we grabbed the test and headed into the bathroom. Chloe looked at the test and then looked back to me and in her eyes I could tell she was scared.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here." I gave her a reassuring smile.

I gave her some privacy while she peed on the test and now it was time to wait five minutes for the results.

My palms started to sweat and a pit in my stomach formed. I was beyond nervous. I mean we were both still in college, still figuring out what we wanted to do with our lives. We didn't have time for a baby. But I knew that if Chloe was pregnant and she did want to keep it, then I would damn well make sure things were going to work out.

"It's done." Chloe said softly.

"What's it say?"

Chloe turned the stick towards me and sure enough two lines were prominent. She was pregnant.