Chapter 1

Family functions are a mix of extreme torture and unwanted mental wreckage. Extreme torture was due to the constant looks he managed to get. Condescending, disapproving and disappointed. The shake of heads in sad judgement of his pathetic ( as described by them) situation. The disdain filled glances said it all.

"This boy is still unmated?! Omegas like him should have a mate by the time they reach 20." They would constantly whisper that stiffened his spine and reddened his cheeks.

Louis would rather sit on a chair made of thorns than being subjected to such humiliation. He didn't know why did he even try and spend the whole afternoon trying to get ready for this get together where he knew he would be constantly humiliated for not having a mate by some obese ladies who dont care about him or his family but are just there for gossip.

Louis sighed, exasperated. This all, it wasn't in him. He couldn't be bothered to get ready for this useless function. Of course, as usual he protested but one glare from his father, made him shut his mouth and get ready.

He wasn't really tall or beautiful. He merely stood at 5'2 with his thin frame and round butt (really the only feature that he considers beautiful in him but who is gonna tell him). He doesn't really make a mark or create buzz or toss heads when he walks into a room or walks past a group. His blue eyes and tan skin were average. His presence mostly gets shadowed by the other much pretty, long legged, beautiful, rich society omegas.

He only obliged to sit in around in those gatherings as his father is the leader of the Moon Crest pack which is quite famous and powerful. Of course, family is very important to his father. He would never go against his word. He was afraid of his authority and forbidding tone. One angry look from him and he would scuttle away from the room in fear.

He sighed heavily as he looked at his phone, trying to find something on there to occupy himself with.

He heard some whispers about her. How he has no potential boyfriend or a mate. Louis felt like screaming at those ladies.

"LADIES CALM DOWN! I'M 26 NOT 60! BUT WHY DOES IT MATTER RIGHT? BEING AN OMEGA. ACCORDING TO YOU ALL I'M ALREADY AN ARTIFACT READY TO BE ON SALE ON FHE DUSTY SHELVES OF THE MATING MARKET!" He thought, inwardly. Oh how he wished he could say those words aloud but he can't.

He accidently made eye contact with the ladies and smile frostily, the ladies returning an equally icy smile towards him.

All he ever wanted was to have his own art academy and be independent and free from all the restraining strings and expectations that his family, mainly his father had put on him. But, the truth was he was caged. He was chained by emotional blackmail by his family and his relatives. He wanted to break free from all of that and experience the joy of being independent, being able to earn money for himself.

But he couldn't. His father didn't care. He didn't give a darn about his dreams and ambitions. According to him, an omega should saty home and look pretty and look after the kids, completely the chores not go outside and have a job. He would never allow Louis to have a job. He believed that all omegas are just as good as a decorative piece of furniture or a showcase artifact.

He remebers one time when he tried to talk to his father about his ambitions and career path but he couldn't. He couldn't gather up enough courage to even look his father in the eyes and say hello, let alone talk to him about something like this. It was not long before that he became a blubbering mess infront of his father and got scolded for wasting his father's precious time. Now his father was just plain annoyed at him for getting rejected by the good mating proposals brought in by him and his influential connections.

He exhaled a long sigh, thinking about his misery and started playing with the golden bracelet he had on which matched with his gold eyeshadow.

It was an engagement party of the daughter of one of his father's business associates. The function was taking place in a huge banquet hall which was booked and rented especially for thus event, no expenses spared.