Chapter 47

Louis stirred in his sleep and burrowed himself deeper in the pillow. It vibrated back and moved up and down. He frowned in his sleep. Why is his pillow making noises and moving?

He grabbed onto its cover and and pulled at it only to hear it groan in response.

Well, he could do with a moving pillow but he couldn’t do with it making noises and disturbing his sleep.

“Shut up, I’m trying to sleep here.” He mumbled irritated and burrowed in deeper.

“I think you have had enough sleep and I say you should get off my lap now.” A deep voice, travelled into his ears.

Louis blinked off the few winks of sleep. His eyelashes drew up bleary eyed and lazy.

He observed three things.

1. The car window came into his vision. He definitely wasn’t in his bed.

2. Everything came back to him like a swift blow of a breeze on him face in a memory. Of how they travelled out and how stupidly they were stuck in the car and how he thought that they were clogged forever in here and that they probably were dead. But then he was very much safe and not dead and was warmly surrounded by heat instead of cold.

3. They weren’t stuck in the car. The doors were unlocked and the sun was . And the dumb help was still not here which was supposed to arrive many hours ago.

Then he remembered the things that he blurted out thinking that they will be dead . Embarrassment coursed through his veins and which caused red to color his cheeks and flushed his neck and ears.

He finally moved his head away from his chest and looked up rubbing his eyes.

“What?” He asked scowling.

“Get off my lap.” Harry ordered.

He drew back.

“Yes sir.” Louis mumbled the words under his breath sarcastically and rolled his eyes, while moving out of his lap.

He sat facing Harry on the opposite seat of the car while he stretched his arms and legs. He noticed Harry's hair was disheveled and his face was lined with tired slumber. He seemed to be very tired. Harry glared across at him while stretching his legs and groaning in visible pain. Louis stared across at his movements bemused.

“You sure have gained some weight.” He muttered accusingly.

Instantly, Louis stiffened at his words and his eyes narrowed in an equally pissed off glare.

“And you sure do complain like a kid.” He shot back in an equally insulting tone.

"Anyways, help is about to arrive. I called Niall earlier when there was some signal so he must be arriving." Harry involved him, shrugging the comment he made earlier.

A few hours later....

Louis fumed in silence while being jostled about in a car.

Well, they had finally found the way out of the forest eventually.

While Niall drove the car, Harry sat in the front seat, not even glancing back at him, not even to see if he was there or had vaporized into thin air. He seemed to not care at all. It stung his pride and hurt a little.

Whatever anyway. He was tired. Hungry. Sleepy and in need of a long warm shower. His feet were killing him. It felt like he was hung over or something. All of his muscles ached and he wondered if there was any place in his body that doesn’t hurt now.

For hours the car drove and when the dusk set in, the forest cleared off to some little houses here and there.His eyes rounded looking at a convenience store at the far end street.