Chapter 19

It was not the shock of the accident that rattled Louis's nerves, it was Harry’s behaviour after it that made the cold spread to his core.

Fifteen minutes after walking,the woods cleared and the main road appeared. Louis’s pace slowed down. Just then, His car came rushing and stopped right where they stood. Thank god.

Harry got into the back of it, without even looking around at him. Louis moved fast. His hand clamped on the car handle and he moved it to get in, but it didn’t budge. He frowned and pulled a little, because it seemed like it got stuck.

He blinked hard and staggered back a little, his breath getting stuck in the back of his throat, a little of understanding crept onto his skin. He hesitated and his eyes reluctantly went to the glass.

Harry sat in the middle of the cushioned seat in a cut out manner. His left hand lay sprawled on the back of it, as he leaned back. He was staring back at him. Really looking back at him. Louis's blood froze when Harry pierced back at him with one look.

Punishment.

The car jerked to a start.

Louis kept her gaze still stuck to his blanked out eyes, unable to believe that he wasn’t letting him in still. The car moved slowly and he panicked like hell now. No no, he wouldn’t leave him here now, would he?!

But as his face disappeared along with the zoom of the car, Louis kept staring at the empty space. A heavy breath escaped his lips in disbilief. He saw the car ripping on the road in a speeding charge leaving only dust in its wake.

What?!

He left him all alone and cold in the unsafest of place just like that? What happened just now?!

Stupid fool that he was, he shouldn’t have taken his car out of the garage and drove it off the mansion, and this all wouldn’t have happened. The rustling of leaves jerked him around. He peered into the black woods in fear.

Louis determined his will. He wouldn’t leave him here like that. He will come back to get him. He kept his eyes glued to the road, waiting and waiting. He shivered feeling the extreme cold of the night.

Still he didn’t come. Nothing but empty concrete flat surface stretched. Not any other vehicle came to his rescue. At least, he thought he could get a lift.

Shivering attacked his body and the cold permeated into his bones. He sat down on a large stone beside the road wrapping the thin scarf he had in his handbag.

Finally a long black shiny car moved along towards him. He came! His mind cried out and rush of joy spread all over him and warmed a little of his body as he stood up hurriedly and stumbled.

It came and abruptly halted right before him. Louis, through the dim light of the car looked in the back of the seat and the slow smile from his lips wiped away looking at only emptiness.

He looked at the front seat and saw a tall and broad black suited man have his hands on the steering wheel. He was supposedly a beta because there were no traces of any scent expect for the faint one of Harry's and his own.

Louis stood staring unsurely.

“Get in, sir.” The man said.

“Where is he?” He asked in a very small voice.

He already knew the answer to his question, but still there was hope that the man would say otherwise.

Louis only got silence. He stared at himself in the car window. He was surprised to see his face contorted in extreme pain.

“It’s getting colder. You need to get in.” The man said again.

Louis nodded his head and got in.

Immediately he sagged down in the seat in relief as his legs gave out on him. A clear warmth surrounded now as the car heated up inside.

“He doesn’t know you came here, does he? He didn’t send you?” He asked again.

A complete silence surronded for a while, but he finally got the answer.

“No.” The man said.

Louis felt a deep rush of sadness.

He abandoned him. Gave up on him. He gave him a look filled with such blistering ice that Louis felt like looking at her own father, that scared the living daylights out of him.

Half an hour later,the car stopped at his house. Louis got out. He hesitated and bent down to the car window.

“What is your name?” He asked the man behind the wheel.

“Niall. Niall Horan ” He replied.

Louis smiled a little.

“Thank you Niall, very much.” He said very softly.

“I’m not going to say anything about this, you know.” He reassured him, understanding already that Niall went against his boss’s order. If he said anything about it, he for sure would lose his job knowing Harry's temper and disdain for people going against his orders.

A thankful look came into Niall’s eyes.

He turned to the front and started the car. A second later it zapped away on the road and disappeared into the night.

____________________________________________________________________

Heyyy everyone!

OMG OMG OMG! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST LIKE LITERALLY! THE BOOK HAS HIT 2.02 K READS! SO THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH 💓 💗 💛 ❤ 😘

Btw, this is the fourth and last update for today.

See ya later and thank you so much for your kind comments on the last chapter! I appreciate it very much 🙏 😊

Take care everyone!

Love you all ❤❤❤