Chapter 42

Property transfer from the current owner to the new one. His eyes were focused on the words. His gaze jumped down to the lines at the bottom of the page.

"I hereby declare the land in acquiring to Mr. Harry Styles."

“What is this?" Louis asked abruptly.

“Do you recognise it? The land, I mean.” Harry asked him instead.

Louis did. Way back when Louis was really young, his father had transferred a particular piece of land under his name as an investment. The question is, why was he holding a legal document which says that he is about to transfer the land to Harry Styles?

Understanding seemed to dawn in his mind.

“You just have to sign it.” Harry started , but Louis concluded it with his own slow words.

“To make it yours.” He looked up into the green eyes while saying it.

Louis stared down at the document. He had always thought about it. Why would he place a proposition infront of his father to marry him? What would be the reason behind it? Why had he been constantly persistent? Why had he forcefully married him? He could have anyone ready at his doorsteps to get married to him, but there was a reason right, he thought. And he finally understood now. The reason was this.

“You don’t have to look so sad. There is still another document. It will certainly flare your interest.” Harry flung the words at him breaking his chain of thoughts.

Whatever he would bring up now, nothing could compensate the immense pain that started to circulate his body. Each time Louis thought that Harry was different, and not like how his father was, he proved him wrong, oh so wrong. With all these business propositions he was reminding him constantly that what they had or what he thought it was between them, which was something new and delicate, is not exactly true. And it was just a too dreamy a fantasy of his mind.

Harry slid the other document beside to the previous one. Louis kept staring at it for a long while.

“Marriage contract?” Louis whispered the words, feeling drained out. It was only morning and Louis felt as if all his energy was sucked out of him.

“Yes. You would have a place to practice your dance or whatever that is there, in a work shop. It’s assigned to you. You can fulfill whatever dreams you had. But then you would have to stay with me as my husband till the land is under my possession” He explained, in detail.

Louis could only stare at him. What about their marriage? He had already dissolved that dream. Harry was deliberately pushing him away, wasn’t he? He didn’t want to be chained to him. Louis was nothing but a responsibility in his life that he was forced to fulfill. How did Louis think otherwise that he would want anything to do with him. He was rich. He was fascinating. He was everything that a person can dream of in a partner. So, why would he have wanted him anyways, land or no land.

“You don’t have to worry about your father, if that’s the reason you don’t want to sign the papers. He isn’t going to be a problem to you. I wouldn’t let it happen. Even if you decide to leave that is, you’ll have my promise. He is never going to even catch your shadow.” Harry concluded his offer.

Louis blinked once and then twice. He wasn’t thinking about his father at all right now. He was thinking about how easy Harry was making his life and future with his proposition. Of how he was frantic to wash his hands off of him. Forever. As so that, he wouldn’t be a problem in his life. Who would want an ex knocking on their door anyways.

He blinked again looking down at the documents.

“Maybe, you need time for this. I will come back in the evening. I hope you will make a decision by then.” Harry said , and slid out of the chair.