Prologue

"Satsu-kun! Hurry up! We're going to miss the fireworks!" I heard a girl call as she runs in her kimono outfit. Without even realizing it, I was running towards her. This feeling of warmth. I haven't felt it in a long time. Maybe because... I never let anyone close or maybe just dares to try.

As I ran, I noticed she was getting farther and farther away. "Wait up!" I screamed but she didn't even look back. All I can see was her purple kimono. She kept going further and further away from me until I couldn't see her anymore. "Don't leave me!" I screamed. Suddenly I felt a liquid substance drip down my cheeks.

Tears? I've never cried before. No matter how shitty my life came to be, I never once cried. How did this girl manage to do that? Strange. I don't even know her. Heck, I didn't even see her face but the warmth she made me feel. It felt like I was home.

Suddenly, I heard a familiar loud sound. It sounded like a siren from one of those horror movies. What? What's happening with this day? It's almost as if I'm...

My eyes jolted open. "In a dream." I said as I slowly got up. I looked all over the room I was in and realized it was my bedroom. So it was all just a dream, huh? But why did it felt so real? I thought as I held my hand on my face and felt a liquid sensation. Tears? "Stupid eyes." I mumbled as I wiped the tears away. I could still hear the alarm which was also bugging the fuck out of me so I quickly slammed my hand on the digital clock I have on my bedside table. Why was it even on?

I looked over to the calendar on the wall near my bedroom door and noticed that the day was marked. Huh. So it's the first day of classes. No wonder it was on. I quickly got up from my bed to start my daily routine. I'm so lazy to go to school today fuck but I guess I have to. Unless I wanna face the wrath of my best friend, Fuutarou-kun. He always made sure that I go to class everyday even though I skip half the day anyways. I just gotta show my face to him and the day is all mine.

After a few minutes, I was done with every single routine that I do before going to school. I grabbed my helmet and started pacing towards the door. "I'm heading out." I said as I closed the door and locked it. I don't know why I even say those words. It's not like anyone's going to respond. I live alone since my parents died a long time ago. Seven years ago to be exact.

But now is not the time for a sob story about my past. I'm almost late for school. Fuutarou-kun is going to kill me if I don't show up in time. I hurriedly walked out of my house and rushed straight to my motorcycle. You're probably wondering though, how could I afford a bike and to live in a nice house. Well, the motorcycle was a gift from my grandparents while the house was already paid for by my parents. Before high school, I was in the care of my aunt but she had to move out because my grandparents needed someone to take care of them.

I immediately rode the motorcycle as fast as I could and within a few seconds, I was near the school's parking lot. I was driving so fast and carelessly that I didn't even notice that a car was speeding up towards me.  I quickly maneuvered out of the way and drove straight to the parking lot. Luckily, there weren't many cars left seeing that it was almost time before the bell rings. I quickly got out of the motorcycle and left my helmet on one of the handles. I didn't even bother apologizing to the owner of the car but I did notice that the car was very nice. I haven't seen any models of that car in my years in Japan.

Who knew rich people would even dare turn an eye towards a school like Asahiyam High School? Weird. Anyways, I continued running towards the main bulletin board of the school and saw Fuutarou-kun standing near it as he held a small notebook. Once he noticed I was coming, he immediately focused all his attention to me. "Where have you been? Did you forget today was the first day of school?" He scolded me. I put both hands on my knees and started panting like crazy. I mean, getting run over by a car and running the school hallways will really do that to you.