Chapter 24

"You ok, Satsujin-kun?" I heard a certain someone ask which honestly, took me by surprise. Currently, I was too busy eyeing that weird girl from earlier on the bus that I didn't even notice someone was already approaching me. Of course, it was none other than Fuutarou-kun, himself. He seemed equally surprised as I was when I turned towards him, frantically. His gaze, then, followed whatever I was looking at earlier and he seemed quite surprised, yet again, on what he saw that caught my full attention. "Don't tell me you got the hots on Morimoto-sensei's daughter, dude. It's bad enough that you're flirting with our students but the daughter of the most feared teacher in our school? Come one, dude." He said, sounding a bit amused at the thought.

"Dumbass. It's nothing like that." I said as I also averted my attention back towards her. "It's just that... there's something off about her. I just don't know what." I said, trying to stay as far away from the whole gang topic as much as possible. I can feel his quizzical stare at me so I quickly turned back towards him. "She talked to me earlier and she said some pretty weird stuff," I explained even further but he seemed to be more confused than he was earlier.

"Like?" He simply asked as we walked towards our cooking stations. Luckily, the entire school body decided that the boys are in charge of cooking the curry while the girls were in charge of cooking the rice. This gives me and Fuutarou-kun some ample time to talk about the snake behind the bushes, aka, Morimoto-sensei's daughter.

"Like she knew that I was part of a gang once," I said, running out of lies that I can give to Fuutarou-kun so I just opted to the safest one which was my past. Who would've thought that my past is actually gonna help me later on in a future conversation with Fuutarou-kun?

He didn't seem shocked at all when I said those words, however. "Well, you were pretty famous back then, remember? I'm not surprised if she's heard of you and what you used to do. Even I know what you're capable of." He shrugged my worries off as he sat down on the mini foldable chair stationed for each pot. I also took a seat on the adjacent chair beside him.

"Well, that's because you know me. I don't even know she existed until recently so I'm curious. How in the hell did she find out that I was in a gang once?" I said and to be honest, I kinda sound like a crazy person who's promoting their church to random folks walking down the street.

"I guess you do have a point. I only knew about your... extracurricular activities when we started hanging out." He said which made me give him hopeful eyes. Finally! He also sees how weird it was that she knew about it. "But then again, your gang was pretty famous before so I would've known it regardless." He continued, dismissively. Jeez. And here I thought you were on my side. I couldn't help but give him a dumbfounded stare, however, it was immediately put to a halt when I noticed another figure approaching us.

"Saito-san. Hey there." She greeted with a smile on her face. Speak of the devil. Fuutarou-kun immediately looked away as soon as the snake got near us. "How's the curry going?" She asked as she was slowly bent down to my eye level.

"Great, I guess." I simply answered and I could see in the corner of my eye that she pouted a little bit at the cold shoulder I had just given her.

"Hmph. So mean. Anyways, do you have a partner already for the test of courage? I heard that it's very spooky." She asked whilst acting like she was scared and all. I kinda cringed a little, knowing that she's only acting like this because we're in public. Once everyone's backs are turned, she'll probably return to that creepy and stalker-like vibes she had earlier on the bus.

"No. And I don't plan to. You should probably go ask somebody else." I said, upholding the cold act I got going on towards her. Maybe she'll leave me alone if I acted this way. Here's to hoping, I guess.