Chapter 19

"W-what are you doing here? Who even let you in here?" She stammered all over the place as she looked at me with a mixed expression of resentment, confusion, and delight. Although, resentment and confusion were more prominent than the delighted expression. She prompted herself to run away from my presence but I immediately stopped her by grabbing her wrist. She then glared at me and I could see some tears forming in her eyes as she did. "There's nothing to talk about, Satsujin-kun. Just get out." She coldly said as she forcefully broke away from my grasp.

She then proceeded to run towards her room and slamming the door shut which echoed in the entire empty apartment. I sighed in frustration. Looks like this is gonna be harder than I thought. Not that I expected her to forgive me that easily. I started making my way towards her room. At first, I completely forgot which was her room but seeing the lines on the doors gave me an idea of where her room is. She's the second sister so it must be the door with the two lines. I quickly made my way there and started knocking on the door. "Nino-chan. Can we please talk for a second? I promise, after this, you won't have to talk to me anymore." I pleaded to the door hoping that she'll answer.

I was beginning to lose hope that she wasn't going to answer but then her door suddenly opened by a few inches, revealing only half of her face. "I didn't say that I didn't want to talk to you anymore. I just can't right now. Everything still hurts and I feel like if I do talk to you, I'll end up getting hurt again." She said through a little peephole she made. I sadly smiled at her. She's not wrong on that account. I do feel like now's not the right time to talk to her. But with that said, I just can't leave her like this. She even missed an entire week of school because of my stupidity. Somehow, I feel responsible for her actions.

"I'm sorry. I know it hurts talking to me right now. And I'll gladly walk out the door if you really don't want to talk to me right now but can you please just hear me out?" I pleaded. She didn't answer. She just stared down on the ground. I guess she really doesn't wanna talk to me right now. I began to walk away from her door but I was stopped by a hand grabbing my arm.

"Please. Stay." She pleaded as she clutched my arm tightly. Her nails were digging through my skin but I didn't give a damn about it. I'm just happy to know that she also wants to fix this mess I made in the first place.

"Ok. I'll stay," I said as I held the hand she used to grab my arm. Her grasp started to weaken, allowing me to hold her hand properly.

"Do you wanna come in?" She said, timidly. For a second there she sounded like Miku-san asking me to come into her room. I gave her a soft smile and allowed her to drag me inside her room. It was everything that I thought it would look like, to be honest. There were dolls scattered all over the floor and it honestly seem like a storm blew inside the room. "Sorry for the mess. I didn't expect you were coming so I didn't clean it all up." She said as she looked down on the ground, completely flustered about the whole situation of her room.

"If you think this is a mess, wait until you see my room." I teased as I followed her to her bed seeing as it was the only thing we can sit on in her room. She sat down first and prompted me to sit down with her which I gladly took.

"So... what did you wanna talk about?" She asked as soon as I sat down beside her. I clearly haven't thought about that yet. I mean, I didn't really expect to come this far, to be honest, but I guess I have a general idea of what I wanted to say to her. It's now or never, I guess.

"Well, first things first I guess," I said which made her looked at me confused as to what I meant. "I would like to congratulate you. You know? For passing the midterms exams. I know how much effort you put into the sessions just to pass the exams. As your tutor, I'm proud of the progress you have made." I said as I gave her a warm smile. I could see a little tear fall down her cheek as I said those words. I tried to put my hand on her head to give her a pat. At first, I was reluctant in doing so but something inside me opted me to do it, regardless if she wanted to or not.