Chapter 22

"Yo! Yuki! Are you coming or what? We need to be there before seven o'clock. Hurry up, would you?" I yelled at the top of my lungs since I was downstairs and my amazing little step-sister was still upstairs, probably still packing her things or doing her make-up or whatever the fuck girls do before the school camp. Yes. That's right. A week has passed ever since that day we all went to the mall. Time really flies by if you're busy with life, huh? For the entire week, me and the four idiots started reestablishing the once notoriously famed gang in all of Japan, the Golden Hand. So far, our efforts are in vain. Luckily enough though, Tsukamoto was being less pushy about the whole plan so hopefully, that's enough time for us to increase our numbers.

"Jeez. Will you calm down? I was just double-checking my things. No need to fucking scream." She said as she descended down the stairs as she carried her small duffel bag. I couldn't help but stare at her outfit for today. Ok before you go jumping into your fucking sick conclusions, I would like to explain myself first. First of all, I have a fucking weakness when it comes to girls in ponytails so of course, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from staring at my step-sister who currently has her hair tied up into one. Second, I love it when girls wear oversized hoodies and her wearing one isn't helping me take my gaze off of her. I'm not attracted to my sister, ok? I'm just surprised that she's not wearing her tacky glasses and having her hair up into braided pigtails like she normally does. "What? Do I look haggard already?" She said as she turned away, clearly avoiding eye any form of eye contact with me.

I quickly shook my head to remove the trance I was in and gave her a soft smile. "Not at all. You look great." I said as I grabbed her duffel bag and slung the strap on my shoulder. She looked surprised by my sudden compliment. "For the most part, anyway," I added with a teasing smile on my face. I, then, felt a sharp pain in my stomach which made me recoil and start caressing the specific part of where she hit me. "Jeez. I was only kidding. No need to be so violent about it." I barely managed to get the words out since she punched me so hard. I guess violence runs in the family.

"Kidding or not, you still deserved it." She said as she sighed whilst walking towards our front door. "Seriously, I don't know what those sisters see in you that is so likable." She added as she swung the door open, leaving me inside. Huh? Sisters? Did she mean the quintuplets? I mean, as far as I know, only Nino-chan has feelings for me. I wonder why she said the word "sisters". I didn't pay much attention to it and started to make my exit as well whilst I grabbed my own duffel bag from the floor.

You're probably wondering where's Tobe right now. We decided to let him stay with Raiha-chan and Fuutarou-kun's father for the time being since we were gonna be gone for three days because of school camp. We also told him to go there earlier than expected since I heard from Fuutarou-kun that Raiha-chan got sick. Right now, those two are probably busy taking care of Raiha-chan, as we speak. Hopefully, she feels better soon. Otherwise, Fuutarou-kun might decide to do something really stupid like ditching school camp. He's a softie when it comes to her sister and I can't say I blame him. After all, if Tobe or Yuki got sick on the same day of the school camp, I would gladly abandon the idea of joining the school camp and just stay at home to watch over them.

"You were rushing me earlier and now you're the one who's moving like a fucking slug. C'mon. Hurry up, would you?" I heard Yuki call as I lock the front door and the gate of our house. I gave her a playful glare to which she responded with a waggish smile. After that, we, then, proceeded to walk towards school. I decided not to bring my bike for today since I didn't have any gas money left and there's also the fact that I would have to leave it at school since we were encouraged to join everyone else on the bus.

We walked in utter silence. Mainly because my sister was too busy typing away on her phone. I, on the other hand, was too busy thinking about what will happen after the school camp. Of course, this whole trip is just an excuse for me to take my mind off the future of Tsukamoto's plans and the whole gang thing going on. Pretty soon, those shit will come running back to the surface and I would be forced to deal with it, one way or another. I'm just hoping those four idiots will do their jobs properly while I'm gone. I told them to try to recruit other people from joining the gang. Hopefully, they manage to find some people. Otherwise, we're all fucking screwed.