Chapter 30

"Satsujin-nii chan. Satsujin-nii chan!" A voice called my name as I openly stare into the abyss. The calls grew louder and louder with each passing second until finally, I was able to come back into my senses. I slowly scanned over the room I was currently in. To my surprise, I managed to find myself sitting in the middle of my classroom. How long was I staring blankly onto the window beside me? Moreover, who in the right mind would actually call my attention? Are people forgetting already that I can easily knock the living shit out of them with just one punch? I started looking for the source of the voice who was brave enough to call my name and to my surprise, it was Yuki. Huh? What is she doing here? She peered through the door, only showing half of her face, as she slightly gestured me to come over towards her.

Personally, I didn't really feel the need to stand up and entertain her but seeing as the both of us were getting an ample amount of stares, I decided to comply, even though it seemed kind of a pain to do so. "What do you want, Yuki? Can't you see I'm busy?" I asked in an annoyed tone and even scratched the back of my head to show my irritation towards her. She didn't seem to mind it one bit. In fact, she just ultimately stared at me, dumbfoundedly.

"Busy with what? Daydreaming? Anyways, I'm not here to argue with you." She sarcastically replied, adding a little bit of sass in her tone. I hate to admit it but she really is my sister, huh? I mean, where else would she get this annoying attitude from? Not that I am any better, after all.

"So, what brings you here?" I impatiently asked as I looked at her, quite irritatingly. She, then, started looking to the side and her back, trying to locate anyone who might overhear what she has to say. Hmm. Is what she's going to say really that important? Knowing her, I'm guessing that's a no. "Hey! Just cut to the chase already and tell me what's going on?" I demanded in a very annoyed tone. This time, it seemed to have startled her, including the students near our vicinity. Everyone around us started walking away, probably hoping that they wouldn't get into the crossfire of me and my sister's current conversation.

She, then, slowly leaned over towards my ear. "It's about that guy I met in the school camp. You know, the one who held my hand as they lit the bonfire." She whispered, softly, on the surface of my ear. Huh? That didn't really answer any question inside my head now, did it? Jeez. What is this girl going on about? Is she high or something?

"What about him?" I asked, sounding a little bit uninterested in the topic. In my defense... I really am uninterested in the topic, at hand, and it's probably because I don't have any sister complex, whatsoever. Personally, I would rather talk about what time we'll meet to fetch Fuutarou-kun from the hospital. Today is the day he will be released from the hospital, after all.

"It wouldn't hurt to show some care for your little sister, you know?" She scolded me, sounding a little bit annoyed with my apathetic response. She even crossed her arms whilst furiously averting her gaze with a scornful scoff. Jeez. Is she an elementary student or something? What's with that random throw of fit of hers? I couldn't help but sigh at her childish reaction.

"Sorry. It's kinda hard to treat you like a little sister when we're literally months apart from each other." I blatantly said which immediately made her realize the reason for my lack of sympathy towards her. "Anyways, just tell me already what's the point of this whole conversation? Do you want me to beat him up or something?" I asked as I started cracking my knuckles. It's been a while since I punched someone straight into the face. I'm honestly hoping that this guy is at least decent in a fistfight.

"Are fistfights the only thing you care about? Jeez. You sound like a stupid barbarian, right now. Anyways, that's not the point. I don't want you to beat him up. I want you to tell me his name. He's your classmate, after all." She said which ultimately, made me look at her, both quite confused and surprised with her sudden revelation. The guy she was referring to before was my... classmate. What a coincidence... and quite frankly, I don't really like where this is going.