Chapter 14

"You may now go. Both of you." The guidance counselor said as he gestured us to walk out of his office. After that incessant bickering between me and Tsukamoto, we were about to charge into one another but was stopped by none other than Morimoto-sensei himself. His reputation really precedes him, seeing that some people in the Elysium and even the four idiots from the Golden Hand near pissed their pants at the sight of him. He ordered them to leave the school grounds and they immediately left, leaving me and Tsukamoto behind. After that, we were both sent to the office and got our ass handed to us. Not that I listened to whatever this old man had to say and I'm guessing Tsukamoto didn't as well, seeing as he doesn't even seem fazed with whatever the guidance counselor said.

We both exited his office and were currently standing in front of his door as we looked at each other in pure contempt. "So, you're one of the captains of Elysium," I said as I looked at him with my fist clenched and my eyebrows furrowed. As much as I hate to say it, that made him scarier than I initially thought. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna wipe the floor with him if the time arises.

"And you're the new leader of that useless gang we destroyed a month ago." He replied and I could see a small smirk forming around his lips. I clenched my fist even tighter when I heard him say the last part. I really wanted to punch him then and there but I decided not to. I'll get my chance, someday. I relaxed my fists and sighed whilst I walk away in a different direction away from him. Any more words coming out of his mouth and things might get ugly earlier than expected. I'm not gonna take that chance.

Fuck. Why is my life getting more complicated by the minute? I'm starting to get more and more pissed with all these problems starting to pile up. I guess I should start fixing some of them... but which one should I go for first? I was lost in deep thought as I walked down the hallways and didn't notice someone running by. We bumped into each other which made her fall to the ground. "Watch—" I was about to continue my sentence but the words couldn't get out of my mouth as I watched her rub her head from the impact to my shoulders.

"Hey! Next time, watch where you—" She also stopped speaking as soon as she realized who I was. We both just stared at each other for a couple of minutes. I broke out of my trance and held out my hand which made her look away but still accepted my offer to help her up.

"We gotta stop meeting like this, Nino-san," I said as I tried to let out a smile but it ended up looking weird. She still kept her gaze away from me as she stood up so it was pretty awkward. "Anyways, why are you running down the hallways in such a hurry?" I asked her trying to alleviate the mood a bit.

"I was uhh... looking for you. I heard that there was a big fight in the courtyard between two gangs and I immediately thought of you so I wanted to check the infirmary to see if you were ok." She answered, still not looking directly at my face but I could see the side of her cheek starting to turn red.

"I'm fine don't worry. These high school gossip sure are getting out of hand though. There wasn't even a fight. Well, almost but luckily, Morimoto-sensei was there to stop it." I reassured her. I tried doing another smile and it seemed to be better than the first one I did.

"So... does that mean you accepted their offer?" She asked, finally turning towards my direction. I looked at her in complete shock. I haven't been up close to Nino-san in quite a while so seeing her before me right now is quite surprising.

"No. Not yet, at least. I really don't know. They seem so adamant about making me their new leader and I could see why. The opposing gang is stronger than I thought they would be." I replied and I could see a hint of hope in her eyes. She really doesn't wanna let me go huh? Are her feelings that strong? I thought to myself which made my face burn a little bit. Why am I thinking about that? But then again, I guess this is a good opportunity to finally give her an answer. "Look, Nino—" I was about to tell her something but she beat me to it.