Chapter 1

"Saito-san!" I heard the the teacher called which made me look at her. I don't even remember who she is so I just gave her a blank expression. "If you're going to daydream on my class for the next few hours, I suggest you leave." She said with a stern look. I immediately shrugged it off and grabbed my bag. "And where do you think you're going?" She asked before I could leave the classroom door which made me stop.

"You said if I'm going to daydream on your class then I should leave right? I can't help but daydream in your class. It's too... what's the word again. Ah that's right... boring. See you." I said as I waved her goodbye. Why should I even learn Japanese? I've been speaking Japanese my whole life and she wants me to learn about it? They should've left that subject in pre-school. I can hear my classmates laugh a bit as I left the door. I guess they laughed because they know it's true.

I instantly made my way towards my favorite place in school, the rooftop. I don't know why but I always feel at peace whenever I sit here. I look over at the horizon seeing little cars drive past each other. I kept my gaze onto the horizon and I didn't even notice the time. Oh shit! It's already lunchtime. I quickly paced towards the door of the rooftop and slid down the railings of the stairs to get down faster towards the cafeteria. Me and Fuutarou-kun always eat together and if I'm late, he might think I cut classes or something.

After a few minutes of power walking, I managed to reach the crowded school cafeteria. I quickly looked over the counter and noticed that Fuutarou was nowhere in sight. Shit. He must've ordered already. I'm not really hungry so I quickly made my way towards our usual seat. To my surprise Fuutarou was already there eating... along with a girl who looked quite familiar. I didn't know he has other friends apart from me.

I quickly grabbed a random chair and started walking towards them. "Hey! That's—" I heard a guy complained after I took the chair which made me look at him threateningly. "Nevermind. Have a good day Saito-san." He immediately said after realizing it was me who took his seat. I scoffed at him and continued walking towards Fuutarou-kun and the girl. I noticed she didn't wear the same uniform as our school. Wait... that uniform looks familiar as well. It was from one of those girl school uniforms.

Did the school get featured in a tv show or something? She's the second student I saw who wore the same uniform. I thought as I placed the chair down which caught both of their attention. "You're late." Fuutarou-kun said as he focused his attention back to his small notebook. As always, he's fixated on his stupid notebook.

"He's a study freak." I whispered to the girl but not quiet enough to let him know I was mocking him. She just giggled at my comment and continued eating her meal. "The name's Saito Satsujin by the way. What's yours?" I said to remove the silence that's filling the awkward air. Fuutarou-kun looked at me and gave me a confused look. He knows that I don't introduce myself quite often to people so he knows something's up. Well, unlike him who doesn't care about anything apart from his studies, I'm actually curious as to why it was raining rich girls on Asahiyama High School and the only way to get to know that is to talk to them even if I hate it.

"Nakano Itsuki." She said as she lend out her hand towards me. I immediately shook it and gave her a smile which caught the attention of some people in the cafeteria. I can hear them murmuring about me suddenly becoming friendly to the new students.

"So... Nakano-san." I called her attention as I grabbed Fuutarou-kun's water. He didn't even bat an eye since he was so focused in eating while studying. Nakano-san immediately looked at me with her mouth full of food. She's pretty cute, not gonna lie. I thought. Maybe I could have my fun with her. "I was wondering, why are there so many students who are wearing the same uniform you're wearing? Are you guys on a school trip or something and chose this god forsaken place for some absurd reason?" I asked, trying not to sound so interested in the subject at hand.