Chapter 6

"Saito-kun!" I can hear someone call me as I walk the streets of downtown. I just bought a lot of groceries today and to be honest, I just wanna go home because all this shit is heavy as hell. I was on my way to my bike just now but I guess I could spare a few minutes to talk to whoever called me. I mean, there's only one person who keeps calling me Saito-kun and that's Itsuki-san. I turned to look and sure enough it was her. I almost dropped my things though because apparently she was not alone. She was running towards me and right beside her was... Nino-san.

A few days have passed since the whole Nino-san confession and since then I haven't stepped foot inside of their home. Fuutarou-kun even scolded me for not helping him anymore in the tutoring sessions but he did say that Nino-san has been joining in recently. I guess, she's holding her end of the bargain so I'm still glad even if I haven't seen most of them in a while.

"Itsuki-san, Nino-san, oi what's up?" I said as I awkwardly waved back at her. Fuck. Why does she have to be with Nino-san? This is so fucking awkward now. After a few seconds, they finally managed to reach me. "What are you guys doing here?" I asked them. Nino-san immediately looks away but I can still somehow see half of her face and it is definitely tomato red right now.

"We were just about to do some grocery shopping. I see you already did yours." She answered as she pointed to the bags I was holding. I was carrying three bags full of groceries so it's really not that hard to miss that I already did my groceries. "By the way, me and the others noticed you haven't been coming in the tutoring sessions." She suddenly changed the topic which took me by surprise. Judging by how stiff Nino-san's body suddenly got, I'm guessing she was also surprised by her sisters question.

"Ahh... well... you see..." I stammered as I looked for any excuse that will suffice the days I was gone from the sessions. I guess Nino-san didn't tell her sisters about what happened last time as well. "I was just... busy with some stuff but I'll drop by as soon as I finish it." I lied. Fuck. I'm usually good at making up excuses but with Nino-san here, I just couldn't muster up any excuse that will be believable enough by Itsuki-san. She just stared at me with her suspicious eyes while I scratch my head and laugh.

Her stares, however, were abruptly stopped by Nino-san who was pulling her away towards the grocery store. "Let's go or we're gonna miss the thing. Remember?" Nino-san said as she pulled her sister, mercilessly. Good thing she pulled her out of the way. That was close. I couldn't help but wonder though. What was Nino-san talking about? What thing? I sighed as I gave up thinking about it and continued walking towards my bike but I still can't help but wonder... what the hell is that thing?

***
I finally got home after a long ass ride from the supermarket. Apparently, I forgot to buy a rim of cigarettes so I bought a few packs at a convenience store since they don't sell rims there, only packs. Whatever. Five packs should be enough for a few days. I sat down on the mini sofa I have on my house and started to rest. I have been doing this grocery shopping for so long but I'm still not used to it.

I was resting my eyes but was abruptly stopped when I heard my ringtone blast all over the apartment. I immediately looked at who texted me and saw it was Fuutarou-kun. The text says that he wants to meet with me. So cryptic. It almost feels like I'm being texted by a kidnapper who is asking to meet up so I can give him the ransom money. I replied with a simple ok then started readying up to meet him.

I sighed because I suddenly remembered that I just started resting and now I have to go out again. Fuck. Give me a break, please for the love of god. I grabbed my old opened pack of cigarettes and made my way outside. I immediately locked the doors and made my way towards my bike but was abruptly stopped when someone bumped into me. Who the fuck would go over my house's gate? I readied myself to punch whoever the fuck went over my gate but I quickly realized who it was. "Ohh. It's just you." I said as I looked at him. I helped him stand up since he fell down when we bumped into each other.