Chapter 8

"Who are you? What do you want with Nakano-san?" He said as he looked at me threateningly. Is he challenging me or something? Ok then, game face on. I put my hands on my pockets and gave him the most threatening face I could give him. I could see him gulp down his own saliva as he saw me look at him.

"Ahh this is one of my tutors and he was just leaving. Right, Satsujin-kun?" Ichika-san said awkwardly as she walked in the middle of us, trying to push me away. I guess she already knows I mean business whenever I look like this.

"Tutor? Is that how you address your boyfriend now?" I said as I pulled her towards me. This shocked both the mustache man and Ichika-san herself. To be honest with you, I even shocked myself but if this will get rid of this shady guy then I'll gladly do it.

"Ichika-chan. You never told me you had a boyfriend." He said, completely surprised with the revelation I just gave him as he pointed at the both of us.

"Wait, wait. He's not my boyfriend!" She stammered all over the place as she says those words. "Can I talk to him for a minute? Please?" She pleaded the shady looking guy. He looked back and forth between us but eventually gave in.

"But only for a few minutes ok? We don't wanna miss the audition later." He said as he walked away. Audition? What audition? What the hell is he talking about?

I turned my gaze to Ichika-san who was still a little bit flustered with what I said. I mean I could see her cheeks slightly red so I'm guessing she's feeling embarrassed with what I said. "Why the hell did you say that? Now, he's going to think that I'm hiding a boyfriend. What's gotten into you?" She scolded me which made me turn away and scratch the back of my head.

"Well, it was the only excuse I could think of so that he'll leave you alone. I mean he looked shady as fuck so of course I'm gonna be overprotective. Besides, who was he anyways?" I asked her. She suddenly looked down. If that guy ever lay his hands on Ichika-san. I swear to fucking god. "Did he touch you?" I said under my breath but of course she heard it and immediately shook her head. Wait... then why is she awfully quiet?

"I guess the cat's out of the bag now." She said as she looked down again. I just looked at her in complete confusion as to what she's talking about. "He's my manager." She said like she admitted to a crime she just committed. Manager? Is it really that embarrassing to introduce your manager? I mean, I guess it depends on the work. Wait. Now that I mention it, she never really did reveal her work to any of us. Is her work that bad? Fuck. If that guy is making her do something she doesn't want, I swear, I will rip that shady mustache right off his mouth.

"Is he making you do stuff you don't want to do then?" I asked, pressing on to the subject. It would be easier if she told me already what the fuck is going on to be honest. The suspense is killing me.

She immediately shook her head again. "He actually helped me a lot in my work. He's given me opportunities even though I was new to it. I owe him everything." She answered and I could see the sincerity in her eyes. I guess no matter how shady he looks, he's a good guy. Still, it doesn't explain a lot of things.

"What exactly is your job?" I asked since I'm dying to know already what the hell is her job. It doesn't seem to be illegal. I mean, there's no way Ichika-san will ever do something like that. I hope.

"Don't laugh, ok?" She said to which I respond with a nod in confusion. There's no job in this world that is laughable. No matter how low or how bad it is. A job is a job. "I'm an... actress." She finally said.

She's an actress?!! My jaw instantly dropped at her revelation. "No way! Really?! That's awesome! Does the others know that they have a sister that is an actress?!" I quickly bombarded her with questions, excitedly. I mean, I bet she's a lowkey actress but still, breathing the same air of an actress is already a big achievement on my part.