Chapter 27

"Ahhhh-choooo." Fuutarou-kun sneezed like there was no tomorrow. This is the fifth time he has sneezed like that and I'm surprised it hasn't caused an avalanche yet as it does in the movies and tv shows. I guess real life works differently. "Why did I come here again? My bed is definitely much better than this." He whined as he tried his best to move with his ski gear.

"Yotsuba-san," I said it was enough to remind him of the horror that happened earlier this morning. Currently, Miku-san, Yotsuba-san, Fuutarou-kun, and I decided to go skiing. Actually, "decided" is a very strong word. We were, more or less, forced by Yotsuba-san to relentlessly ask us to join this said activity while we were still sleeping soundly on our beds. At first, we tried to ignore her pleas but then, it kinda got out of hand which ultimately led us to this predicament we are currently in.

"Please. Don't remind me again." He said as he wiped his runny nose with his mittens. That's a surprise. Since when did Fuutarou-kun have morning allergies? He's usually in tip-top shape. I wonder if he's not telling me something.

"Yo. Fuuta—" I said but got cut off by a familiar happy-go-lucky scream. Of course, it was none other than Yotsuba-san, herself. She skied towards us with ease and even slid sideways to show just how much prowess she has, in terms of skiing.

"Uesugi-san! Why aren't you skiing like everyone else?" She asked as she looked at him, quizzically. I guess she still hasn't heard Fuutarou-kun's explanation regarding that matter. Rather, she's not listening at all.

Fuutarou-kun, then, plastered a very annoyed look on his face. "I told you a million times already... I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SKI!" He screamed from the top of his lungs and panted horrendously, right after.

Yotsuba-san, on the other hand, kept looking at him quizzically but then, her expression shifted into a warm smile. "Well, why didn't you say so? I'll be glad to teach you how to ski." She cheerfully offered which ultimately, made Fuutarou-kun sigh in defeat. Jeez. This girl is both bad at reading books and reading the room. How stupid can she possibly get? I couldn't help but sigh either at how adamant she was to help Fuutarou-kun out. If it didn't look so amusing, I would've helped Fuutarou-kun in his current disposition, however, this is way too hilarious to let it pass.

The two individuals hurriedly skied past us, leaving me and Miku-san looking over the two of them. I, then, decided to take a quick glance over at Miku-san who surprisingly, had a longing look on her face. It was as if she wanted to teach Fuutarou-kun, as well. She quickly noticed my stare which eventually, made her look at me in a very confusing way. "What?" She simply asked which was enough to make me look away.

"Nothing really. I just noticed how sad you look. Are you ok?" I asked, quite awkwardly. As I said before, Miku-san and I aren't really that close. We usually just exchange glances whenever the whole group was together and that's pretty much it. Nothing more, nothing less. So being alone with her is somewhat... new to me, I guess.

"How perceptive of you. Wish you could do the same with my sisters." She said as she looked towards the horizon in front of us. Huh? What did she mean by that? Does she know about Ichi-chan, as well? Is that why she said that? "Listen, Saito-san. I know you mean well but... your life is far too dangerous for my sisters to handle. If it ever comes to a point that you have to choose between any of them... can you please let them all down gently. It's not that I hate you or anything but my sisters deserve way better than living a life with you in it." She bluntly said without even looking at me, dead in the eyes.

For someone who stays silent every single day, she has quite the opinion about me. "Don't worry. I plan to do just that." I said with a smile as I looked at the same horizon she was starting at. I noticed at the corner of my eye that she had a disappointed look on her face. Isn't that the answer she was looking for? Maybe I'm just imagining things again. I mean, there's just no way she's looking for a different answer, am I right?