Chapter 7

"Finally, we're done with all our homework!" Nino-san said as she stretched her arms out. It took them a while to actually finished their homework but I'm glad their all done with it. They even cooperated very easily with Fuutarou-kun which is very very rare for the five of them. Especially Miku-san. I think she's the only one who rarely goes to the lessons, according to Fuutarou-kun that is.

"Good job everyone!" Yotsuba-san happily cheered as we all walked the busy streets of downtown. There's so much stalls of food and games lining up on the side of the street. "Do you guys wanna catch some fish?" Yotsuba-san asked the two children who were clinging to her. Actually, she's the one clinging so hard to them. I guess, she really loves kids, huh? The two happily agreed with her and the three of them raced towards the stand.

"What time will the fireworks start?" I heard Ichika-san asked.

"I think it said in the announcement that it will start at seven to eight." Miku-san answered her sister's question. I wonder... why are they all excited about this whole fireworks thing. Doesn't this event happen every single year?

"There goes my evening for studying." Fuutarou-kun said as he groggily walked past me and sat down at one of the railings that are used to park bikes. Speaking of bikes, I need to fetch my bike later after the fireworks event. I'm not really up for walking the entire way home since this part of town is far away from the suburbs where I live.

"You should really take it easy and enjoy life for a minute you know?" I scolded at him but he already seemed lost in thought as he looked down on the ground, looking like a depressed homeless man. I sighed at him.

"What's gotten into Uesugi-kun?" I heard a girl said from behind me which made me turned around. I already knew who it was since there is only one person who calls Fuutarou-kun like that. Although I already know it was Itsuki-san, I was still taken aback because I never even noticed she was wearing a kimono like the others. Her hair was also tied in a bun. Woah... she looks cute. I thought to myself but immediately shrugged it off.

"He's depressed because he can't do his advance studies tonight." I said which made her laugh.

"Typical, Uesugi-kun huh?" She said as she laughed. I couldn't help but just stare at her. It was the first time I ever saw her with her hair up so I'm kinda mesmerized by it. This is bad. I shouldn't be staring too much at her. She noticed I was looking so she started covering her face as she looked away which broke me off my trance. "Is there something on my face? Why are you looking at me like that?" She said and I could tell she was uncomfortable so I quickly looked away and scratched my head.

"Nothing. It's just... I've never seen you tie your hair up like that. I was just surprised by it, that's all" I answered, awkwardly as I scratched the back of my head. This is really awkward.

"Ohh. I see. Well, does it look bad or anything like that?" She awkwardly asks.

I was about to answer but I was abruptly stopped when someone behind us called our attention. "What are you two talking about?" Nino-san said which made us both look and I could feel my face heating up almost instantly. What the fuck is happening to me? Honestly, I swear to fucking god I need to stop acting like this.

"Oh come on now Nino. Don't ruin the moment of these two." Ichika-san said as she winked at me and pushed Nino-san to the side. Ichika-san... you're not making it any less awkward for the both of us you know?

Me and Itsuki-san just stared awkwardly at random places since we really don't know what to say now. Suddenly, she pointed at a direction of a stand. "Oooooh. That looks delicious. I'm gonna buy one. See you later, Saito-kun." She said as she hurriedly raced off towards a random stand disappearing away from my sight.