Jam (Chapter 29)

Avu: Stool nahi mili kya? ( Didn't you get the stool?)

Sid: Nahi. Ek second rukh. ( No. Wait one second.)

He went and picked her up by waist, so she could reach. She took it and kept it on the slab, then she faced towards him. They both were lost in each others eyes, as Sid slowly made her stand, and both were very close. Suddenly Sid moved forward, and Avu was now standing with support of the counter. They were just lost in each other's eyes. Their eye lock was broken when Avu's phone rang. Sid moved back and Avu picked up the call. 

Avu: Hello.... What?... Ok.... Yeah, just block it..... Ok thank you. 

She cut the call. 

Sid: Kya hua?  ( What happened?)

Avu: Kuch nahi, koyi mere number ko hack karne ki koshish kar raha tha. Block kar diya hai. ( Nothing, someone was trying to hack my number. It's blocked now.)

Sid: Acha snacks lekar chalte hai, sab wait kar rahe hoge. ( Ok let's take the snacks and go, all must be waiting.)

They took the snacks and went to the terrace. 

Moh: Itni der kaise lag gayi? ( Why did it take so long?)

Avu: Beech mein call aa gaya, koyi mera number hack karne ki koshish kar raha tha. Woh ab block kar diya hai.   ( I got a call in between, someone was trying to hack my number. Its blocked now.)

She was saying this and didn't notice Jaan is behind her. Sid noticed this and was going to say something, but Jaan signaled him to keep quiet. She had some jam in her hand, which she knew Avu hates. She brought the box in front of Avu, after putting some on two of her fingers of other hand. 

Jaan: Avu chahiye? ( Avu, you want?)

Avu moved her head back, taking chance of which Jaan put the jam on her fingers on Avu's forehead, nose and cheeks. 

Avu: JANNAT ZUBAIR REHMA... you are gone. 

Avu didn't say her full name when she saw Jaan's eyes widen, and no one noticed it as Avu started chasing Jaan scolding her, but it caught Jai's attention. They both sat back after sometime, and Avu cleaned her face. Jaan again forwarded the jam. 

Jaan: Avu, aur jam chahiye? ( Avu, you want more jam?)

Avu: Tu... (You...)

Fais: Acha ab bas karo dono, pehle hi itna bhaag chuki ho. ( Ok now enough you both, already you've ran so much.)

Sid: Exactly, waise jam toh Fais ko bhi bilkul nahi pasand. ( Exactly, btw even Fais hates jam.)

Jaan: Arre ha, mai bhul hi gayi is baare mein. Tum dono ko jam kaise nahi bhata, itna toh yummy hota hai. ( Oh yeah, I forgot about it. How do you both not like jam, it's so yummy.)