1

The space that unveils
It feels familiar but somehow it's new

The space that unveilsIt feels familiar but somehow it's new

"Hua!"

The voice that called out the name went unnoticed by the girl who was seated on the barstool, her honey brown eyes wandering at the dancing mass with a glass clutched in her hand— twirling the liquid inside as her wine-red stained lips enclosed on the rim to taste the content.

Her shimmering purple dress falling till her ankles glide against her smooth skin, camouflaging her in the expanse that was plunged in the leaden purple dancing lights. The world materializing in shades of purple and black.

She amused herself by observing people around, finding it entertaining everytime she was at a club and being the, probably, only sober one.

A hand came touching her bare shoulders, the slender fingers pressing down on her exposed skin, "Looks like you're having fun babygirl" The silky voice carried through the air and a slim smile etched onto her lips, the nickname addressed giving away who the person was without having to take a glance.

Son Chaeyoung, the only person she knew in the entirety of China— accompanying her since the very first day she had landed in the foreign country. Chaeyoung being an acquaintance with Changbin, he had assigned her to keep an eye on the girl.

"Guess I am" She muttered, gaze trailing above to the figure standing behind her.

"Knew you would like this place Hua" The girl said, emphasizing on the name and Soyoung sighed out, "Don't call me that- I don't like it".

"Well, it is technically your name so" Chaeyoung chuckled, sliding into the seat beside her, eyes trained on the younger who simply shrugged, placing the half-emptied glass on the marble counter.

Hua. That was how everyone recognized her as in China. Her true identity was kept confidential, except from Chaeyoung, taking on a new name and it made her feel uncomfortable at first, still not getting used to being called by something not her name.

"Why are we here, Chae?" Soyoung asked, arching an eyebrow and the smirk carving on her soft pink lips already spoke louder than words.

This is not gonna end well.

Chaeyoung hastily clasped onto the latter's wrist, standing up on her feet before tugging her along, "Chae- where?" Soyoung's words were disregarded by the elder, slipping in and out the maze of people.

Her feet halted near the vast balcony that provided the view of the metropolitan area and Soyoung took a step forward, hands reluctantly resting on the cold railing as she glanced down at the view beneath and her heart lurched.