43

Drying thirst, sweet tongue

Keep up the noise, get loud

Garage.

Soyoung took solace in the garage, observing the car that was assigned to her by Changbin as she inspected under the hood with her wavy hair falling by back, purple coloured satin pyjama shirt and shorts which she had borrowed from Doyeon adorning her figure.

"I knew I could find you here." The familiar voice spoke up and she turned to look at the figure who stepped in by dunking through the half-rolled garage door.

"Oh, hey Mark." Soyoung smiled as his figure bathed in the shadows, "I thought you were deep asleep." She added, directing her attention back onto her car.

"Hm, what got you here at four in the morning?" His voice trailed in the air as he neared her and she simply shrugged, "Guess I had a lot on my mind."

"And, the garage felt like...home." She glanced at him with a soft smile and silence took over as the small talk quickly died down.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Soyoung began, feeling the need to fill the silence though it was far from awkward, "Maserati MC20 with an exquisite 3L V6 630HP nettuno engine, four driving modes and all that with a super lightweight build. What a beast." The information rolled off her tongue smoothly as she swiped her finger across the muscluar build of the body with a satisfied grin playing on her lips.

"Love everything, except that yellow. Hurts my eyes to be honest." Mark remarked, stepping into the ring of yellow candescence that casted on the ground and she laughed at his comment.

"It's Giallo Genio." She corrected him, the authentic Italian accent escaping her mouth with flawless pronounciation, "Which translates to 'Genius yellow', so technically speaking it's not just yellow." She informed as he crossed his arms across his chest and only then she had noticed he left his black shirt unbottened, letting the piece of cloth to cover his arms alone.

"Whatever you say, Genio." Mark teased, mimicking her accent as he inspected under the hood with furrowed brows and she crouched down to take a look at the wheels.

Silence loomed once again.

The room was partially sunk into the dimness as moonlight sifted through the windows that were slightly open, allowing air to circulate in whirlwinds. The pellets of rain plopping against the metallic exterior, producing a slightly crisp sound that did not tickle her brain in the right way, so she hummed a soft tune under her breath to drown the edgy background noise.

"Y'know," Soyoung began with her gaze ahead and Mark hummed softly, directing all his attention on her and intently listening to whatever she had to say.

"I miss when it was all about just racing and pretty cars, and not a gun in my hand and living on the edge." She stated.

Mark had always been a keen listener and observer, and it came to him naturally as a racer and an assassin―his ears were always perked up, on his toes at all times, relfexes on point and his ability to read between lines to hunt for clues and obtain a lead.