10

Even if I try to let you go
The story was carved deep inside my heart

"I would have driven if I was fine—""This is the tenth time you are saying this Soyoung, shut up" Yeri interrupted the said girl who fell silent in the back seat, eyes briefly flickering onto the younger through the rear-view mirror before her gaz...

"This is the tenth time you are saying this Soyoung, shut up" Yeri interrupted the said girl who fell silent in the back seat, eyes briefly flickering onto the younger through the rear-view mirror before her gaze darted back onto the road.

The members were currently on their way, heading to the safehouse at three in the morning, considering that it would be the best timing to move around the streets without having to stay on their toes every passing second.

Yeri's car was occupied by Soyoung, Hendery, San and Lucas whereas in Changbin's sat Yeonjun, Xiaojun, Doyeon, Chaeyoung.

"Don't worry, you'll be alright in a few days" San spoke up, giving her hand a slight squeeze and she sighed out loud, hoping her recovery would speed up since she did not want to burden the members more than she already was.

"If your girlfriend saw you both holding hands then it's over for you my dude" Hendery who was seated in the passenger seat said, glancing over his shoulder to eye San's hand which hovered above Soyoung's balled fist.

"Girlfriend?!" Soyoung blurted out, aghast.

"Yeah, well um, it's Doyeon" San replied in a soft voice with a wide smile curving onto his lips, dimples on display as he ducked his head, face flushed.

"Don't remind me of that" Yeri rolled her eyes at the mention of her sister, stepping on the accelerator and speeding up the pace of the vehicle further, causing all of their bodies to jerk back towards the leather seats at the inertia.

"Damn, looks like I missed out a lot" Soyoung mumbled to herself before pulling her hand out of his hold, "I gotta be careful then, don't want to mess with her".

San shrugged, "We have a good understanding, so I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind" He clarified as he pulled his arms closer to his body anyways, and before Soyoung could respond, a hand came looping around her shoulder, all their attention now drifting onto the boy.

"Don't worry, my hand is always there for you to hold" Lucas extended out his palm towards her as he gently pat her shoulder, wary of not disturbing the bandage that was swathed around her neck and shoulder and she simply nodded at him with a smile, "Thanks bro".

San snorted at the way Soyoung left his hand hanging, "Pfft, got bro-zoned" He stifled a laughter and Hendery chuckled, eying the boy who shrunk in his seat in embarrassment, "Mans got rejected".

Soyoung parted her lips to defend Lucas but Yeri interjected her even before she could say a word.

"Soyoung" Yeri called out and the girl hummed as a gesture to proceed, "Do you still like Mark?" Her question made everyone fall silent, the encircling air now thick with tension, words getting struck at her throat.