4

My mind is blank,
Inside out, upside down
It's a mess

My mind is blank,Inside out, upside downIt's a mess

Words hold weight, an associated memory, a story.

And to Yuqi, it was how Chaeyoung addressed her with the sobriquet 'Bella' that she strived to put out of her mind. Hearing it once again after years sent waves of emotions to sweep over her senses and flood her mind with her dreadful past.

The corner of Chaeyoung's lips curled, knowing that she had stirred up thoughts that were meant to be left deserted at a void space in the latter's head. She had to distract the girl and for someone who is headstrong, this was a fitting strategy.

"Stand back" Chaeyoung menaced, stepping closer to Yuqi who was clearly flustered for a brief second.

Soyoung wondered as to what could have possibly distracted Yuqi for her to slacken her grip, her ear that was pressed against the car restricting her from entirely catching onto the conversation the two had.

But much to Chaeyoung's surprise, the girl held it all in, not letting her words get ahold of her thoughts. Yes, Yuqi did feel the initial shock but it didn't take long for it to wear off.

"I see you've done your homework" Yuqi stated, her deep voice sounding poised and unruffled, "Do you still think it's my weakness?" She scoffed, looking at Chaeyoung's reflection on the glass of the car.

Chaeyoung could have retorted but she wasn't the type to snicker over someone's weakness and deride them, much unlike Yuqi, so she refused to answer her.

"I said stand back- let her go" Chaeyoung insisted and a tainted smile drew onto her lips before she wordlessly stepped back and let go off Soyoung.

"There, she's all yours now" Yuqi shrugged, eying Soyoung who pushed herself off the car, holding onto her wrist that was tinted red at the harsh grip on her, trying to catch her breath as she hunched over with one hand on the car for support.

"Pathetic" Yuqi ridiculed, watching the younger struggling alone. In the split of a moment, Yuqi raised her hand that clasped the gun and sent the bullet to pierce into the tyres of the BMW.

The front tyre punctured, the shot causing a blowout as the hiss of air escaped the inflated ones. Soyoung flinched at the loud sound that penetrated through the air whilst Chaeyoung and Yuqi stood unfazed.

It was not much of a damage, but if someone had to ride in that car it wouldn't be possible. Smart move, Soyoung thought to herself.

"Drop the gun" Chaeyoung clicked the gun in her hand, securely curling her finger around the trigger as she stepped in between Yuqi and Soyoung, facing the member of Dragon who did as asked to- soon discarding the weapon onto the ground without any questions asked.

"All of you drop your guns or this bullet will go right through her" Chaeyoung directed her words towards the men who circled them and protecting their member being their motive, they dropped their handguns, stepping back in surrender.

Soyoung pondered as to why Yuqi abided by Chaeyoung's commands instead of fighting back but she knew that the girl undoubtedly had some intentions behind her moves.

"Get in the car" Chaeyoung said with eyes trained on Yuqi, her handgun a few centimeters away from the girl's forehead who refused to counterattack.

What could her intentions be? Was all her mind could mull over at the moment, searching for an answer she didn't have- does she have a backup?

Soyoung's eyes warily skimmed around, the expanse empty beyond the men who surrounded them. Though she felt slightly at ease, the grim feeling still lingered in her gut.

Soyoung hurriedly rounded the car which Yuqi had arrived in and swiftly seating herself down, she revved the engine, her feet ready to step on the throttle.

Soon, Chaeyoung slipped into the passenger seat with her gun still aimed at Yuqi. Soyoung's eyes fell onto the side-view mirror, watching as Dragon's men instantly stepped forward to stop the two from driving away but Yuqi raised her hand as a gesture to halt and they didn't move a muscle against her command.

Soyoung didn't have the time in her hands to analyze Yuqi's every move since their initial purpose was to get out of this place safe and sound.

Her feet on the accelerator fell and the car jumped into action, speeding down the lane.

"Listen, we are not heading home. Go as I direct" Chaeyoung muttered, busily glancing around to see if they had someone tailing them but when she spot the rear vacant, she sighed in relief.

"Okay, okay" Soyoung breathed out in attempts to calm her racing heartbeat, trying to wrap her head around everything that had just happened.

Swerving into the alleyway as Chaeyoung guided by the motioning of her hand, she spoke up, "Where are we—"

Unexpectedly, a hand for the backseat came pinning her shoulder to the seat whilst the other held something to her neck and the girl went rigid when she recognized it as a knife.

Soyoung panicked, her heart skipping a beat at the sudden attack and for a brief second she lost control of the steering, the car maneuvering to the side-lane but she was quick to bring it back onto the main track, yet never hitting the brakes.

"Stop the car" The oddly familiar voice that sounded guttural and elderly demanded and Soyoung's gaze slowly flickered onto the rear-view mirror.

And the moment her honey brown eyes met with those familiar dark ones, her whole world crumbled to her feet.

"M-mom?"

👀🍵