32

I'm more fearless than I look,
So strong

Not a sound escaped the three- mere shuffling as their clothes ruffled, instinctively taking a defensive stance as they faced the door- the only path for entry or exit to the basement

Soyoung swiftly pulled herself to her feet as she raised her curled fists to her chest, closing her eyes and tilting her head with ears perked up to closely pay notice to the sounds rather than blankly blinking at the dark.

She felt Yeonjun place his palm on her upper arm as he moved around in scrutiny, the contact with her body never leaving since he wanted to keep track of the girls' movements.

"Fabric" Doyeon whispered, hurriedly shoving her hand into the pockets of her jeans as she fished out a lighter, and with a slick click, the orange-blue flame was ablaze, vaguely furnishing the vicinity of their close surroundings.

"Got ya" Yeonjun mumbled and in no time he ripped the t-shirt off of his body, dropping it onto the floor with a plop, and soon came the lighter that sunk into the clothing. Within mere seconds the fire spread across, tainting the white shirt forevermore and engulfing it in the outspread of conflagration.

Soyoung's eyes fluttered to readjust her vision as the illuminance crept across the basement and the sight of Wooyoung staying put in the exact position made her brows draw closer, "Wooyoung is safe and sound." She informed watching as Doyeon approached the captivated male and pressed her index and middle finger down on his throat, "And very well alive." She added.

"Nothing changed. No intruder." Yeonjun spoke as he let his gaze wander around and paused at the sight of the flap of the awning vent window kept agape as though someone had intentionally left it open.

Yeonjun tensed at the potential danger and motioned the two to step away from the line of sight of the ventilator, "I suspect something," He said as he neared the window that was situated at the bottom of the wall and crouched, pulling the flap to a close in one swift flick of his finger.

His eyes drew back onto the two females, "A long-range shooter." He informed, darting his eyes onto the ceiling that once had a bulb gleaming light onto them.

"The target being... Wooyoung?" Doyeon asked and just as Yeonjun was about to speak, the sound of thundering footsteps that rushed towards the basement caught their attention, having them on guard, ready to jump into action at any given moment.

A figure emerged, slamming a hand on the door frame, chest heaving as they tried to catch their breath, "Chae-" He broke off, taking in a sharp breath to regain composure. "Breathe" Doyeon instructed, watching the male make futile attempts to calm his erratic heartbeat.

"What?" Soyoung asked with apprehension swarming in her honey brown eyes and Yeonjun stood up, grabbing onto some scattered wooden pieces of old furniture and tossing it only the flame that appeared to die out, his gaze never leaving the incomer.