18

Now to find my answer
I'm gonna make it right

Lucas and Soyoung had occupied the void space in the kitchen, taking their stance further away from the crowd yet still in their vicinity- muffled voices fading into the background

"What is it?" Lucas asked, placing his palm on the countertop as he turned to face the girl in front of him.

"See, I know this is very abrupt and out of the blue but I'll have to ask you a few questions. Is that alright with you?" Soyoung began, contemplating on how to initiate the entire talk she was to hold and he nodded, "Go ahead, I don't mind."

"You can stop me anytime if you feel like I have stepped over the line, I don't mind either." Lucas smiled at those words, impressed with how she asked for consent.

"I can see why Mark likes you." He said raising a finger to point at the girl, staring into her eyes with a teasing smile and she rolled her eyes, slapping his hand away "Right. Now let's come to the point." She brushed his words aside, not bothering to even respond.

"For how long have you been a part of the Daegu bikers?" She asked, looking up at him expectantly and he held his hand out with three fingers raised in the air, "Three."

"Oh," She trailed off, wondering if he had any clue about her brother who happened to also be a part of the bikers but five years ago.

"Do you know the insides of the group? Like any incidents from five years ago- I mean, from two years before you had become a part of it yourself..?" She made an attempt to get answers about the past and when he fell silent, letting his eyes roam as he mused, a frown tugged on her lips.

"I'm not quite sure to be honest, sorry." Lucas glanced at her unsure of how to respond and she shook her head, "No issues, I was just asking, it's all good."

"I actually wanted to explain something from my side. Though I don't know how it would be helpful to you, but I just wanted to say." He began, leaning himself on the counter as he continued.

"I joined the bikers solely cause of my liking for racing. I ain't the best but definitely do have a good share of wins. We never had a manager who interacted directly with us like you have Changbin, you know. It was more like we got information of races that were being held through our connections. And mine was Yeonjun."

Soyoung was consumed by silence, in all ears to hear what story he had to utter.

"It isn't well managed like Pheonix. In fact, we bikers in Daegu don't even have any headquarters. That was when I figured out about race events in Seoul through Yeonjun and occasionally kept visiting the arena."