29

You are my messiah
Killing me softly

You are my messiahKilling me softly

"Twenty seven." Yeonjun mumbled under his breath when he felt someone tap his shoulder for the umpteenth time yet his hands that fiddled around with stack of files never halted their movement.

"Why did dad take Soyoung along with him but not me? Could there be a reason to that?" The curious boy who refused to leave the informant's side bombarded him with endless questions.

Yeonjun sighed, eyes falling onto Soyoung as he shared a look with the wordless girl before the room fell silent.

San straightened himself, snapping out of his trance and noticing the odd tranquility that enclosed them despite his enquiries.

"I need answers Jun." He groaned out in complain, crashing down on the bed beside his sister who seemed distant and lost in a world of her own.

"Twenty nine." Yeonjun muttered, gaze raising and meeting San's through his glasses, "That's the number of questions you kept asking since the past," He glimpsed at his wrist watch, "Sixteen minutes."

"Oh." San mumbled in realization, "Sorry? I don't know man, I- I just need answers. Today was a lot to take in." He let out a deep exhale, voice low as he pondered over the happenings of the day.

Despite being physically and mentally exhausted himself, he could not just turn a blind eye to the girl who sat equally dazed and enervated, "Aren't you tired? You need to rest Soyoung." He said so, tapping the back of his hand on her upper arm, popping her bubble.

Soyoung slouched her shoulders, "I.. I have a lot on mind right now. Don't think I could possibly sleep." She shrugged, eyes drifting onto the floor as she occupied herself in her own thoughts.

"Remember the day when Yeri and Doyeon raced against each other?" She began, speaking to no one in particular but she knew that both the male in the room were lending an ear to what she had to say.

"Hm, what about it?" San asked, knitting his brows as he found himself keenly observing her words.

"I met Mingi and Chan for the first time that day. I was so lost when they consistently asked me if I was from the Daegu biker ring or if I belonged from there. Now that I think of it, they were indicating about Yejun." She voiced out, connecting the dots and Yeonjun paused— his feline-like gaze now on the girl as her words perked his interest.

"Mingi even stated on how I look nothing like him." She broke off with a bitter, airy chuckle slipping her lips, "Of course. How could I possibly look like Yejun when we aren't even blood related?" Her remark was so soft and hushed as though she meant those words to reach no one but her.

"I was so stupid for not questioning myself that." She pursed her lips, wondering why it never came to her mind that the two Dragon members were implying about her 'brother'.