7

The side effect is kicking in
Against my will

The room was illuminated with the fluorescent white light that beamed down on the lonesome figure laying on the bed, the chilling gust of wind that swept into the space through the agape window brushed her bare skin, making goosebumps rise

The girl closed her eyes tight, curling into the mattress as her hand gathered the duvet closer to her body and when she felt a shap pain flare through her neck at the slight movement, she halted.

A flinch at the ache coursed through her before her eyes flung wide open at the thought that creeped onto her mind.

Where the hell am I?

She stared at the ceiling above and skimmed her eyes across the room which looked completely furnished— very much unlike the house Chaeyoung and herself lived at.

And the strange feeling made her tug at the duvet to glance down at her body only to see herself half-naked with her bra being the only clothing clung onto her torso.

"Shit" She cursed out, pushing the quilt off herself to sit upright but the moment her back distanced from the bed, the excruciating pain around her neck and left shoulder caused her body to plummet onto the soft mattress beneath.

Her hand raised to cup her neck, her eyes impulsively closing shut and when her fingertips came in touch with the cloth that was wrapped around her neck and shoulder, she let out a soft groan.

The door softly clicked open and her eyes gradually opened to see the two figures that approached her bedside.

"How do you feel now?" The soft voice that carried through the air gave away that it was none other than Sihyeon whom she had visited quite often, always accompanying Chaeyoung who craved to meet her girlfriend almost every weekend.

Soyoung wordlessly nodded, not having the energy to utter something in return and she dropped her hand by her side, revealing the fresh blood that oozed out of the slash beginning to seep through the layers of the white gauze.

"Ow, that doesn't look so good. Should we change the dressing?" Chaeyoung asked, leaning closer to examine the bandage and the latter hummed in response before walking away towards the shelves, rummaging for something.

"You slept for five hours- it's like 2 in the morning you know. And holy shit, I almost got a heart attack cause of you-" Chaeyoung broke off mid-way, assisting Soyoung to sit on the bed, "-yeah. What was I saying again?" She mused, knitting her eyebrows together.

"Heart attack" Sihyeon muttered as she made her way to sit beside Soyoung on the bed.

Soyoung felt uncomfortable to sit half-naked so she drew the blanket closer, averting her eyes as the girl had begun to treat her injury.