9

Carried myself into this beautiful prison

The curtains fluttered at the rush of wind that infiltrated the room through the agape windows, the ruffling sound of which reached the girl's ears, a sigh escaping her lips subsequently

Her hands grabbed onto the white shirt discarded on the bedside stand and slowly, wary to not move her arm and neck a lot, she slipped the cloth around her arms.

The door abruptly clicked open and she snapped her head to face the person who stepped in and her eyes widened caught sight of Yeri who leaned against the door frame, unfazed and unbothered despite walking in on her changing.

"Everyone's waiting for you" Yeri said, directly heading into the conversation without any greetings and Soyoung nodded, glancing down, the movement of which was very restrictive due to the bandage draped around as her fingers fastened the buttons of her shirt.

Standing up, her gaze fell onto the elder, ranking her eyes over her appearance— shimmering blue dress that reached just above her thigh paired up with blue heels, black hair that once brushed her shoulder was now pinned straight to her back.

Typical Yeri, she thought to herself at the attire.

"Where's everyone?" Soyoung asked, nearing Yeri who pushed herself off the wall to stand upright.

"Downstairs. We have a meeting right now" Yeri said, raising her index finger and pointing at the floor.

"We just met though" Soyoung mumbled out loud, sighing under her breath and Yeri shrugged, "It's not the time to just sit down calmly and have a conversation though" The younger nodded, understanding the weight of the situation she was tossed into.

"That looks pretty bad" Yeri commented, eying the bandage that was now beneath the shirt, a vague outline visible from the white material and Soyoung exhaled out, "Feels pretty shit too."

And with that said the two fell silent, wordlessly making their way downstairs, walking alongside each other with neither of them uttering a word.

A sharp turn around the staircase, and she caught sight of the eight people who were seated around the huge table used for dining.

And the moments she had arrived, all their heads swung towards the two, especially onto Soyoung- the abrupt attention making her heartbeat spike.

Her eyes trailed onto each person— Changbin seated in the center, obviously, Yeonjun and Chaeyoung on either sides, followed by Lucas, Hendery, San, Doyeon and the presence of the person which surprised her the most being Xiaojun. The absence of Sihyeon gave away that she had already left for work.