16

Don't  tell me to stay quiet anymore

"Home?" San rolled his eyes, his fingers gripping over the sides of his chair tight and Soyoung did not look up from her hands, nails digging onto her delicate skin so deep that lines of red seeped onto the epidermis, close to tearing them and exu...

"Home?" San rolled his eyes, his fingers gripping over the sides of his chair tight and Soyoung did not look up from her hands, nails digging onto her delicate skin so deep that lines of red seeped onto the epidermis, close to tearing them and exuding out.

"Hey," Hendery latched onto her wrist, shaking his head in dismissal as he eyed her subconscious actions and she unlocked her fingers, placing them on her thigh before glancing up at Changbin who had a smile ghosting his lips.

The manager closed the black file in his hand, motioning Mark to take his seat at the only vacant chair as he slid the file over the surface of the wooden table, gliding it across and over to the incomer.

Xiaojun uncomfortably shifted in his seat, moving his chair an inch away from Mark's, "Please make sure there aren't any pens around in here." He muttered out with slight wide eyes, wincing at the thought of how the latter almost killed him the last time.

Yeonjun stifled a laughter earning Xiaojun to roll his eyes at him. Soyoung would have found it humorous if it wasn't for the tensed situation she was tossed into and she definitely was not in the mood to laugh or even smile.

Mark glanced at Xiaojun with a small smile, "Don't worry, you can feel free around me." He said before leaning forward and reaching onto the black file.

"Mark will brief you about the plan." Changbin said before sitting down in his own chair, eyes watching as the said boy arose from his own.

"Dragon's leader is off for a while- though anything dealing with him is confidential and unknown to me, I suspected him to still stay in Daegu. And turns out he is." Mark paused, "Through Hwiyoung, of course." He cleared.

"The prime members are still in the headquarters— Yuqi, Hwiyoung, Chan, Mingi and," Mark broke off, eyes hastily glancing at Soyoung who had her head hung low, seeming unbothered to pay attention to any of the words that came flying out of his mouth.

"Eunji." At those words a few straightened, gazes flickering onto Soyoung who did not move a muscle, instead silently listened to what Mark had to present.

How is my mom doing? The question lingered on the tip of her tongue but she decided against voicing it. If her mother was a mere second away from killing her own daughter then she was convinced that the elder's existence should not bother her anymore and she stuck to her thoughts firmly.

I don't care about mom anymore.

"Eunji is now a prime member?" San asked, disrupting his flow without a warning and Mark who was about proceed with the meeting halted, nodding out in response.

"Eunji signed a contract and joined in with the Dragons." Mark explained as his hands fiddled around with the collar of his white shirt, "She eventually did become one of the prime member cause she is, of course, literally blood related to Soyoung."

Scratch that. I don't give a fuck about Lee Eunji anymore.

"So are you a prime member." Yeri commented, her hands still locked behind her head and she noticed the way his muscles pulled taut beneath the clothing that clung to his torso.

"I mean, the assassin must be the right-hand of the leader, isn't it?" She raised her shoulder to a shrug and Mark exhaled out sharply before advancing with the information, disregarding her question entirely.

"As for the next plan of action, we need to present Soyoung to them when they demand. And that is the next week, at the upcoming race event held in Shanghai." Mark explained, gaze flickering onto everyone seated around.

There was a pause, neither of them uttering a word- either too distracted or lost in a world of their own to speak up and unexpectedly a hand was raised, gaining everyone's attention.

"I have something to say, may I?." Soyoung asked, turning her body to face the manager who nodded for her to continue.

"I need an explanation as to why he," She broke off, turning to look directly into Mark's eyes, her gaze did not leave his for the next few seconds as she spoke, "He is back?"

"Jesus, I'm so glad someone said it at last." Yeri groaned out, dropping her hands by her side and throwing her head back in exasperation, "Why the fuck are you all just wordlessly listening to a fucking traitor?"

Everyone fell silent at those words, including Mark. He did not utter a word or stop their accusations, he simply stood there silently receiving all their remarks.

San nodded in agreement, "We need an explanation Changbin. You can't just expect us to accept him in after all the shit that happened."

"Listen, I know you have a reason- I trust your intentions." Yeri stated, pointing a finger at the manager, "But this guy, I don't trust him, not even the slightest bit. I don't see why I have to tolerate his presence after he turned his back on us?"

"Yeri, you are valid." Changbin nodded, "All of your queries are valid. You guys deserve an explanation, of course you do. But it will be given when it is the right time for it." He said, failing his arms in the air like it was something so casual.

"And when is that?" Hendery asked, his tone sounding relatively composed and calm while the rest were on the verge of loosing their patience.

"Soon." Changbin replied, "I need you all to trust me with this. I'm aware of what I'm doing, so I'm expecting some cooperation—"

"Sorry but I can't do that." Soyoung stood up, sending her chair scraping back against the flooring and the screeching sound that erupted made Lucas squirm in his seat, "Ow."

Lucas sat tight-lipped as he was not entirely acknowledged with the situation. He decided to stay silent through out, trying to piece together their words and come to a vague conclusion of the past in his head.

"I can't simply cooperate and trust anyone, not after all that happened." She caught onto the way Mark's expression faltered from her peripheral vision before setting her gaze back on the manager.

"I'm sorry Changbin. It's either we get an explanation now or dismiss the meeting."

The elder stared at her for a few seconds, squinting his eyes on her to decipher her emotions that flickered in her honey brown irises- jaw set in determination to get answers from him no matter what.

Changbin stood up, tugging onto the rim of his suit, buttoning it and casting a look onto everyone- he exhaled out aloud like he made up his mind without any second thoughts.

"Then meeting dismissed it is."

How we liking her character development 👀