17

I can't handle it, this weight on my shoulders
It scares me more as you are become more precious

I can't handle it, this weight on my shouldersIt scares me more as you are become more precious

"Well that did not go as expected." Yeonjun muttered, slouching his shoulder as he took his glasses off with one hand and ran a palm down his face, letting a deep exhale slip his lips naturally.

"Somewhat did." Mark shurgged, walking over to place the black file on the top of the piled up similar looking files, "I expected them to respond that way." He added with eyes skimming around the loose sheets of paper that were spattered across the desk.

"Listen," Changbin began swiveling in his chair to face the boy who picked up the sheets and organized them into an empty file, "Don't take any of it to your heart."

A smile hovered Mark's lips at those words, a half-hearted smile but it was still there, noticeable enough, "I won't. But if our opinions continue to clash, then the team will disintegrate. And if that happens, it's really over for us."

"True." Yeonjun hummed in agreement and raised both his hands in the air, "Yeri trusts Changbin alone, so if you give her orders she could somehow persuade Hendery, San and of course Doyeon into this." He folded four fingers as he mentioned the names.

"Lucas doesn't know the insides, he doesn't have to either. So he's in." Another finger down, "We don't have to worry about Chaeyoung and Jay." Two more fingers folded.

"Ah, but these two people are the source of issues." He raised his index and middle finger in the air, "Soyoung and Xiaojun."

Mark spun around and leant himself on the desk with legs crossed at his ankle, intently listening to what the informant had to say.

"Xiaojun is avaricious, we never know when he will turn his back on us. We can't trust him entirely, so I suggest we keep him off course- just deals and outside the ring stuff, you get me?" Yeonjun paused, eyes flickering onto the two with a raised eyebrow, checking if they were still paying attention to him and they nodded, gesturing him to proceed.

"And about Soyoung, man I really don't know what to say." He waved his hands, dropping them by his side and leaning back on his chair.

Both their eyes eventually fell onto Mark and he shifted at the weight of their gazes fixated on him, "Well, uh, I can promise you she is no threat to us." He stated the obvious with a very confused expression painting his features.

"Of course, that's a given." Yeonjun titled his head with slumped shoulders, "The main issue is that we lost her trust and I don't know how to regain it." The informant's words earned a small nod from Mark, wondering how he could possibly get close to the girl once again but every time it came to her, his thoughts were cut short, mind turning blank instead.