8

It won't be easy,
There is only one chance

It won't be easy, There is only one chance

1: 27 AM

DRAGON HEADQUARTERS,
SHANGHAI

The tranquility remained static in the air, tension surfaced as the warmth engulfed them, another reason being that none of the windows were open, thereby accumulating the mellowness inside- all their eyes staring at the girl who had disclosed the incident to them.

"Are you kidding me? What do you mean you lost her?" Hwiyoung clicked his tongue, leaning back on his chair and raising his legs to rest them on the table, crossing at his ankle.

"Put your legs down, that's disgusting." Chan scowled, pointing at his shoes that were practically facing him since he sat directly opposite to Hwiyoung and Mingi nodded over, agreeing with his friend, "Not a nice view bro, put it down."

Hwiyoung rolled his eyes nevertheless did as they asked to before turning his attention onto the girl who looked nothing close to distraught, given the situation, "How hard is it to get her really? She isn't even combatant." His shoulders raised to a shrug, not quite pleased to hear the news.

"She is. Now." Yuqi responded, eyes trained on the ceiling as she mused, "She had a professional fighter backing her up. It wasn't easy." She added, squinting her eyes upon remembering the girl who accompanied Soyoung.

"Too bad we got you, Bella"

Those words never slipped her mind, "How does she know..?" The muffled, hushed words left her lips, speaking to herself as she tried to make sense of it.

"You had Eunji, right? I'm pretty sure Soyoung is sensitive when it comes to family." Chan said, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Or so we thought." Yuqi flailed her arms in the air, "Looks like emotional manipulation doesn't work on the girl anymore." At those words, Hwiyoung let out a silent laugh, earning her attention.

"Just say you are bad at it. That women ain't that hard to deal with."

"I beg your pardon" Yuqi scoffed, crossing her legs and running a hand down her long red hair, gaze trailing onto Hwiyoung who sat diagonally ahead, "Says you who couldn't convince your own siblings." The sardonic tone made him clench his jaw, shooting a glare at the latter.

"Don't fucking talk about them." Hwiyoung muttered through his grit teeth and Yuqi parted her lips to speak but the door that clicked open made all their heads swing to face the intruder.

Yuqi raised her hand above her shoulder, languidly, "You're late to the party, Mark." Her words made Hwiyoung sigh out disbelief, wondering how she sat so unbothered despite failing to accomplish the mission designated to her.