Chapter Nine: Two Princesses and Two Babies

So today is Amber and James' birthday and Cedric is dreading it. He is always told to put on a magic show for the children and feels humiliated. Can't say I blame him. It is a waste of talent. Speaking of birthdays, Amber came in saying she knows what Cedric can get her for her birthday. And it wasn't a tiara, surprisingly enough. She wanted Cedric to cast a spell to make James younger so she can have this birthday all to herself.

Cedric did want to do it but told her no because he still needs to prepare for the magic show. So they made a deal. If Cedric did the spell for her, he wouldn't have to do the magic show. He instantly agreed and looked for the spell. Once we did, we went outside to where Sofia, James, and his dog, Rex, were. But the spell went horribly wrong. In the middle of the spell, Cedric sneezed and turned James into a baby! 

"Cedric, what did you do?" Amber asked, "You were supposed to make him two months younger than me, not a baby!"

"It was all these dandelions and dust. They make me sneeze!" Cedric sneezed again and everything went dark.

Narrator's POV:

That's because Cedric accidentally turned (Y/N) into a baby too! Cedric didn't mean to do that but his allergies made him do it on accident. 

"You cast that spell on purpose?" Sofia asked

"She made me do it," Cedric said pointing at Amber. 

"I just wanted to have one birthday to myself. Is that so wrong?" Amber asked.

James started chanting 'birthday' while (Y/N) just tried to eat the grass. Sofia stopped her.

"You've got to turn them back to normal, Mr Cedric!" Sofia said

"Oh, if Mom and Dad see James and (Y/N) like this, I'll get in big trouble!" Amber said.

"Oh, not nearly as much trouble as I will!" Cedric said in a panic.

But Cedric wasn't really worried about himself. He was more worried about (Y/N). As much as he's afraid to admit it, he's started to catch feelings for the princess. He doesn't want to give in to these feelings just yet. But as he started to look for the counterspell, (Y/N) grabbed his legs, causing him to fall and drop the book. Rex saw it and thought it was a new game and ran away with the book. Sofia tried to stop Rex and Cedric just ran after the dog.

As Cedric ran after the dog, Sofia went to Clover who was eating some carrots. She asked him to get the spellbook. He agreed and hopped to it. Meanwhile Amber decided now would be a great time to pick out party games. She wants to enjoy this moment while she still can. But they still need to ensure that James and (Y/N) don't run away, get lost, or get caught by Miranda and Roland. Or anyone else for that matter.

So they left to pick out party games and for James and (Y/N) to play with toys. Meanwhile, Cedric and Clover tried to find the book. It was also now Cedric realized that he wasn't fit enough to chase a dog even though he's close to being a stick with how thin he is. Clover caught up with Rex and asked for the book. But Rex had already buried it somewhere! So that was his next game. Find the buried book. Or treasure as he put it. Then ran away. Cedric watched Rex run away again.

He knew this chasing wasn't making him any progress so he went to find a more magical way of finding the book. And Sofia, Amber, James, and (Y/N) were inside. James making a mess, Sofia trying to stop him from hurting himself, (Y/N) playing peacefully, and Amber picking out party games. Once the games were picked, James blew a kazoo in Amber's face. It was James' favorite toy but he wouldn't stop blowing it in her face so she hid it so he couldn't find it.

Well, he found it now. Amber tried to take it back from him when he accidentally threw it and broke. That caused him to start crying which made (Y/N) uncomfortable and start crying too. Sofia tried calming them both down but they didn't want to. At least James wanted Amber but (Y/N) didn't want Sofia. A long time ago, (Y/N) had a blanket that she was given to calm her down but Sofia didn't know this.