Chapter Sixteen: The Curse of Princess Ivy. Part Two

It was a long trip to the Palisades. But we need that amulet back. We eventually arrived to see Ivy already beat us to it. After a really bumpy landing, it was time to go to Everburn and stop Ivy from melting the amulet. 

"We'd better hurry," Sofia said getting off the coach and running to the slope leading to the top

"Wait. We have to climb all the way up there?" I asked

"Yes, (Y/N). And since you're the reason Princess Ivy is here in the first place, it would be nice if you'd stop complaining and try to help us get my amulet back."

"I am trying. It's just really steep," I looked at Cedric, "She's really mad at me."

"Well, you did take her amulet. When I was growing up, my sister used to steal things from me all the time and it was infuriating. But I'm sure Princess Sofia will get over it. I never did, but I'm sure she will," Cedric explained

I tried to follow Sofia but Cedric took my wrist.

"Sofia can't hear us from here so I want you to tell me the truth. Why did you really take her amulet?" Cedric asked.

"To finally do what we planned from the start. Take over the kingdom," I said

"(Y/N), I appreciate that but you have to tell me these things. You can't do something like this on your own otherwise things will go wrong. Just like what happened today. We're getting the amulet back and we're going to fix this mess."

I took my wrist back and started to go up to the top. But why did he say 'we'? I caused this so thought he'd say 'you'. I guess he doesn't blame me for this like Sofia does. We eventually made it to the top. Cedric cowardly decided to be polite and let us go first after hearing a dragon roar. We entered the cave and looked for Everburn the Elder Dragon but this place is like a maze. After taking so many different turns, we bumped into four singing dragons.

They told us about Ivy arriving before us and asking to see Everburn too. We tried to get straight to the point but they wanted us to sit through a music show. This isn't getting us anywhere! But then I think I got a plan. Once their first song ended, I asked to make a request. They let me so I asked if they could sing a song about Everburn. And my plan worked. They told us where Everburn lived in this place. So, we went there. We made it to Everburn's cave where I guess he was telling Ivy about his past.

But we need a plan for getting the amulet back without getting hit by her dragonflies. So, we need to distract her. We asked Cedric to conjure a flock of birds to distract her long enough for me to get the amulet. He did that and we moved closer. The birds chased the butterflies out of the cave. Just as Everburn was warming up ready to melt the amulet, Sofia distracted them so I could take the amulet back. Ivy made her dragonflies appear and sent them after Sofia and Cedric.

Sofia tried to warn him but he was zapped by them and forgot everything from this morning. I took the amulet and gave it back to Sofia. But there was another problem; we didn't break the curse. Ivy was still here! But how? I thought giving it back would break the curse. So I'm still cursed! And now Everburn might be on our side because now he knew about Ivy's plan to take over the kingdom. We just ran for it. But the butterflies took my wand from me and tried to make me stumble into a ditch.

Sofia tried to save me but I just pulled her down with me. Now that we were stuck, Ivy wanted to take the opportunity to get Sofia's amulet but Everburn was ready to burn the butterflies if they tried to take it. So, Ivy left but would come back later for it. Everburn, who let us call him Burny, assured us we were safe and tried to get us out but he was too big. So he left to get one of the other dragons. We tried asking Cedric but he lost his wand too. I tried mine but that's when I realized the butterflies took it.