Chapter Thirteen: Mystic Meadows

So, I'm supposed to be taking the Buttercup group to Mystic Meadows but I canceled it because I'm a bit busy. Busy helping Cedric with potions. But I'm sure Baileywick can take them since he's a troop leader. But I think we're going anyway because Sofia came to Cedric's workshop asking if he'd like to go to Mystic Meadows to visit his parents. But he didn't want to. I guess visiting for mothers day and visiting just because are two different things. He doesn't want to see them because then he would have to see the family wand.

It's a powerful wand that is passed down from sorcerer father to sorcerer son. But Goodwyn refuses to give it to Cedric because he doesn't think he's a good enough sorcerer. But, he's great at what he does besides some of his mishaps. But that's only because he gets nervous. But apparently, his father is a completely different story. When Cedric is casting a spell, his father would interrupt him telling him how he should be doing it and that makes him get the words wrong.

And when you get the words wrong, you get the spell wrong. Oh, so Cedric is easily distracted when interrupted. I mean, that's fair but how does his father not see that? It's not something that's hard to miss. I mean, Cedric did it to me once but he quickly saw why I got it wrong. He interrupted me. But he hasn't done it since. Sofia had an idea. She's supposed to earn her Good Deed badge today. So her good deed should be getting Cedric the family wand by taking him to Mystic Meadows.

Cedric agreed and asked if I could come too. I mean, I wouldn't mind. So, we went to Mystic Meadows where we were greeted by Cedric's parents. Winnifred noticed Cedric and gave him a hug which made him flustered since we were around. Parents are made to embarrass you, Cedric. It's an unspoken rule of life. But Goodwyn didn't give him the same welcome. He asked Cedric if it had been too much to wear his good robe.

And I thought mothers were supposed to be judgy with their child's clothing but that was completely uncalled for. Cedric sadly said the robe he was wearing was his good robe. Part of me thinks that the interrupting isn't the only problem. After reading a brochure about Mystic Meadows, Winnifred revealed that there was going to be a conjuring contest and the Buttercups were allowed to team up with the sorcerers. Then it was time to figure out what good deeds the Buttercups would be doing.

Sofia already knew her's so she went to Goodwyn. She just asked him that, since he was the Royal Sorcerer before Cedric, he must have a lot of magic mementos. Goodwyn said he kept a few and let Sofia see them. So, we went to their cottage where the door was stuck. A great opportunity for Cedric to try and show Goodwyn he is a good sorcerer. But he interrupted him twice! Twice! The first time he tried, he made a gate for the door.

The second time, he turned the door into jelly beans. Okay, the whole interrupting thing is worse than I thought. He's nearly even letting Cedric try on his own! So, Goodwyn started showing off some trinkets from when he was the Royal sorcerer. Including his twenty-five sorcerer of the year awards. 

"Wow! They don't call you Goodwyn the Great for nothing," Sofia said.

"No, they don't. A good nickname is very important for a sorcerer. It commands respect," Goodwyn said.

"Maybe I ought to have one," Cedric said smiling.

"Yes. Cedric the Sensational," Sofia said smiling.

"Ooh! I do like the sound of that."

"Should I have one? Or is it still a bit early for that?" I asked.

"I wouldn't say so. Besides, I have one that I think you'll like," Cedric said smiling.

"You do?"

"Yes. (Y/N) the Magnificent!"

"Not bad. Thank you," I smiled.

"More like, Cedric the so-so..." Goodwyn commented.

Well, that's just rude. And very harsh. Jeez, it's almost hard to believe he's a parent. Sofia then found the Family wand.