Chapter Forty-Six: What lies beyond the door?

Cedric held her up as she caught her breath. It was safe to say everyone was confused. She was dead a moment ago.

"What happened?" (Y/N) asked

"I don't know. I didn't do anything," Cedric said

"You kissed her," Sofia said, "true love's kiss. That's what brought her back!"

"Save the celebration. Where is Tom?" (Y/N) asked trying to get off the bed

"He's not here. And be careful. You were dead a moment ago," Cedric said

"There's no time! Tom poisoned me and he plans to do the same to Madisyn! you have to do something!"

"(Y/N), where's your proof that it is him? It could be anyone," Roland said

"I have proof. And don't fall for the nice act. He's what's wrong with Asgard," (Y/N) said getting up, 'All of my life everything's worked like clockwork in this place where time declines to flow. Never changing and always remaining, I've never questioned the way it should go. Then he comes here bringing nothing but questions and I find all I can think of is him and what lies beyond the door. Something calls me to know more. How this yearning inside grows for the door I always close.'

(Y/N) led them to the room where she found the proof. But no one was believing her. They knew she had mental confusion when she was poisoned so they think it was that making her see things. Now she was doubting herself.

'What can there be besides what I know here? There is no point to this untempered thought. Why search for truth when I may regret it? I'll cast doubts aside and I'll do what I ought. Oh, how I wish I could return to the bliss that is ignorance. Why must there be uncertainty now? Asking just what lies beyond the door. Nothing's certain anymore and though I must never know. As a chance, the questions grow.'

She decided to just barge in. Tom was there and so was all the proof she found the first time.

"I wasn't imagining things! He's planned this from the beginning and gotten away with it. Well, not this time!" (Y/N) said, 'Now I know why they warn us never take too long for unwanted curiosity will catch on and go on. Will I see beyond the door? Just one way to know for sure. I know doubts will leave me be in the moment that I see if I look through, look beyond the door!'

Now everyone believed her. Tom then admitted to it all with no sympathy. He got what he wanted. Now it will all be taken from him. Roland had his guards lock Tom away for his crimes. 

"You were right. We should have listened to you," Cedric said.

"It's all in the past now, Cedric. But was it true? Do you really love me?" (Y/N) asked

"I love you more than anything in this life."

"I love you too, Cedric. And I will happily be yours if you'll still have me," (Y/N) smiled

"Of course, I do," Cedric smiled.

The two shared a proper kiss. Everyone was happy that they were finally together. It's taken them long enough. Once they separated their kiss, Madisyn had something to ask.

"What will happen now? Will you still rule Asgard?" Madisyn asked. 

"No. I know someone better who can rule this kingdom. And that someone is you, Madisyn," (Y/N) said smiling

"Me? I don't understand."