Chapter Forty: Madisyn and (Y/N) talk

Everyone knew that Cedric only would've done that if he had a reason behind it. But they couldn't tell what. Cedric did it because he loved her and wanted to save her. But Tom was right about (Y/N) being sick. She was sick. She just didn't know what she was sick with. Tom did, he just wouldn't tell her. His mother has it too and she's close to death now.

Madisyn is just hoping that (Y/N) wouldn't get to that stage. This happened before to the previous king. That's why Tom is king now because he's dead now. (Y/N) went to bed anyway but she didn't go to sleep. She couldn't. She was just doing as she was told. Just as Madisyn came in to check on her, (Y/N) was quick to tell her to leave because she thought it was Tom.

"I might be able to shapeshift but I'm not my cousin," Madisyn said

"Sorry. I'm just annoyed at him. Why is he annoyed that I'm doing magic when he willingly came to my Sorceress Ball? It doesn't make sense. And what is wrong with me?! Why am I so sick when I was so healthy? NONE OF THIS MAKES..." (Y/N) started to cough when she raised her voice, "What's happening to me?"

"This happened to the king and the queen is dying as we speak. This place is a plague. I hate it. And I hate Tom as much as you do."

"I know you're trying to win Cedric's heart. He tells me all about it," (Y/N) held up one of Cedric's letters.

Madisyn took it and read it. It was one of their normal letters with the mention of what Madisyn was doing. It was clear that he noticed her little plan because Tom told her.

"You love him," Madisyn said.

"And you love Greylock. I saw that at the ball," (Y/N) said

"Tom told me to do it. He's done it before. I won't do it anymore. I love Greylock too much. Maybe as much as you love Cedric but you won't tell him."

"Because I was promised to Tom and Cedric told me his feelings a day before the wedding. I didn't want to seem unfateful. But, at this point, I don't think he likes me anymore because I chose a man I barely knew over him."

"I know how you feel."

The two were silent for a moment. 

"But still, I sense there's something in the wind that feels like tragedy's at hand. And though I'd like to stand by him can't shake this feeling that I have. The worst is just around the bend and does he notice my feelings for him? And will he see how much he means to me? I think it's not to be,' (Y/N) said looking out the window

Madisyn had something to say herself, 'Under a tree at quarter three, I had some hope in me. My life was taken from me, but I did not feel peace. I made a vow within my gown that love will come to me but there he is and suddenly I had been found. I adore him.'

Madisyn was played by a man once on their wedding but vowed that she'd find love again and she did. She just doesn't know what to say.

'What will become of my dear friend? Where will his actions lead us then?' (Y/N) asked, 'Although I'd like to join the crowd in their enthusiastic cloud. Try as I may, it doesn't last.'

'What is this, a painful twist, is this a bitter kiss?' Madisyn asked, 'There's so much life left in his eyes, it should not end like this. My dreams were slain, my face was stained with I will be okay.'

'And will we ever end up together? No, I think not, it's never to become for I am not the one,' they both said

Life only got worse for (Y/N) after her parents went home. Her illness got a lot worse. She had lost some weight due to a lack of appetite, she had started being physically sick, and been having difficulties breathing. On top of that, she's still managed to write her daily letters to Cedric. Never once has she missed a day. And Madisyn stayed true. She stopped trying to win Cedric's heart and tried sending letters to Greylock but he didn't send a single one back. But he did read them.

He was just still feeling played when he saw her with Cedric. He made her a promise then she threw it away. Why? Because her cousin knows best. Greylock is trying to trust her again but he doesn't know just yet. (Y/N) had just come back from the doctors. Tom had always told her not to but (Y/N) was getting concerned now. But she came home at the wrong time. Because she just caught Tom in their bed with another woman. She didn't want this to be true. She had been very confused and delusional because of her illness but this seemed too real.

She just left for the throne room where she sat on her throne. She thought about her illness. She knew this would be the death of her but she can't escape it, she knows that. But, for one moment, she'd love someone to remind her that she's alive. If she had one wish, that would be it. And Tom won't give that to her. Especially if what she saw was real. But who would do that for her? And would they do it? 

'Somebody to hold me too close. Somebody to hurt me too deep. Somebody to sit in my chair and ruin my sleep and make me aware of being alive, make alive. Somebody need me too much. Somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short and put me through hell and give me support for being alive, being alive. Make me alive, make me confused, mock me with praise, let me be used, vary my days, but alone is alone, not alive!'

'Somebody crowd me with love. Somebody force me to care. Somebody make me come through. I'll always be there as frightened as you to help us survive, being alive. Make me confused, mock me with praise, let me be used, vary my days, but alone is alone, not alive! Somebody crowd me with love. Somebody force me to care. Somebody make me come through. I'll always be there as frightened as you to help us survive, being alive, being alive, being alive!'