Chapter Forty-Two: Congratulations

The week past and they did go to Enchancia. (Y/N) only forced Tom to go because she wanted him to realize he's messed with the wrong family when he decide to cheat on her. But, by this time, (Y/N) had gotten a lot worse not that she would show it. And she wasn't going to tell Cedric about it either. But Cedric wasn't concerned about (Y/N) right now.

He was still angry at Tom and he was going to make that clear. He didn't care if Roland tried to stop him or not. He has a lot to say to Tom. When they arrived, they all said hello but they didn't want to talk to Tom. Cedric walked up to him. Tom knew he was going to get a lecture from the sorcerer not that he cared. Well, he will when Cedric's done with him. 

'Cedric...' Tom greeted

'Prince Tom... Congratulations;" Cedric said glaring at him, 'You've invented a new kind of stupid. A damage you can never undo, kind of stupid. An open all the cages in the zoo, kind of stupid. Truly, you didn't think this through? Kind of stupid. Let's review; You took a rumor a few, maybe two people knew, and refuted it by sharing an affair of which no one had accused you. She begged you to take a break, you refused to. So scared of what your enemies will do to you. You're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to! You know, Roland can do what he wants? He doesn't dignify schoolyard taunts with a response! So yeah, congratulations!'

"Cedric..." Tom tried to shut him up

'You've redefined your legacy, congratulations!'

"It was an act of political sacrifice!"

"...Sacrifice? (Y/N) languished in a loveless marriage in Asgard, I lived only to read her letters. I look at us and think, "God, what have we done with our lives, and what did it get us?" That doesn't wipe the tears or the years away but she's back in the kingdom and she's here to stay and you know what I'm here to do?'

'Cedric...'

'I'm not here for you... I know my apprentice like I know my own mind. You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind and a million years ago she said to me, "This one's mine". So I stood by... Do you know why?! I love my apprentice more than anything in this life! I would choose her happiness over mine every time! (Y/N)! Is the best thing in our lives so never lose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the best wife! Congratulations for the rest of your life! Every sacrifice is for my apprentice, give her the best life! Congratulations.'

Cedric then left. He said what he wanted to say. (Y/N) was happy that Cedric stood up for her like that. Cedric wasn't going to let his apprentice get treated like that by a man who's only been using her for his own personal gain. But he knows that he may never win (Y/N)'s heart back from Tom. Tom has stolen (Y/N) from him and he's let it stay that way for too long.

Once he went to his tower, he looked out the window to see if (Y/N) would go back to the field around the tower for a walk like she used to. Not that he expected her to with her illness. But she did. And no Tom with her. Cedric assumed he was being kept busy by the royal family. Cedric left his tower and tried to approach her but Madisyn stopped him.

"Are you going to make a move on her again?" Madisyn asked.

"Yes! Probably... I don't know. Does she know I still love her more than a friend? Does she like me back?" Cedric was going through doubts

"That's just the question, isn't it? How does she know you love her? How does she know she's yours?'

'How does she know that I love her?' Cedric asked looking at (Y/N)