Chapter Fifty-One: Best days ever

Their wedding took place three months after the proposal. They had planned this day to be special. But Cedric was nervous. He was trying to remind himself that what happened before (Y/N) and Tom's wedding wouldn't happen this time. He maybe had Sofia check on her dozens of times and nothing had happened. He was worrying over nothing. He's just not allowed to see her before the wedding since it's bad luck.

Madisyn is doing the same with Greylock. Madisyn and (Y/N) were staying in a cottage together so they could help each other get ready on the day. They were having a double wedding because it just felt right. Cedric wouldn't have dreamed that he'd be getting married at the same time as the one classmate who would bully him at school but they've gotten along a lot better in recent years. The day of the wedding had arrived and the boys got into their dress robes and the girls got in their gowns. 

"This is really happening," Madisyn said smiling

"I hope the second wedding is better than the first," (Y/N) said

"What do you mean?"

"I don't really want to talk about it but Tom tried to move onto the next stage of marriage as soon as the reception ended."

"That sounds like him. But I know Cedric would never do such a thing because he's a kind, caring, and loving man and will always respect your choice. This will be the best wedding we'll ever have."

"You really think so?"

"I do. And you're always free to begin again and you're always free to believe. When you find the place that your heart belongs, you'll never leave.'

(Y/N) and Madisyn made their way to the altar where their future husbands were waiting.

'You and I will always be celebrating life together,' (Y/N) said smiling

'I know I have found a friend forevermore,' the two said smiling

'Love is like a melody. One that I will always treasure.'

'Courage is the key that opens every door though you may not know where your gifts may lead and it may not show at the start. When you live your dream, you'll find destiny is written in your heart.'

The girls arrived at the alter. Roland took (Y/N) down the aisle while Greylock's father offered to take Madisyn since Laufey didn't come. Madisyn didn't care. Laufey never cared about her anyway. Cedric looked at (Y/N) as she walked to him and he thought he would cry. This was really happening. He was going to marry the girl of his dreams. And, this time, it wasn't a dream. This was real and Cedric couldn't ask for anything better. The girls arrived and the priest started to do his part.

The two men just admired their brides, not really listening to the priest. Then it was time for their vows and to make this official. They said their vows, their 'I do's, and exchanged rings. They shared a kiss when the priest gave them permission to. Everyone cheered for the new couples. Once they pulled away, they went to their separate carriages to go to the reception. 

'Though you may not know where your gifts may lead and it may not show at the start. When you live your dream, you'll find destiny is written in your heart,' the new couples said smiling

The party was even better than the first time. (Y/N) and Cedric were finally happy. Cedric was finally married to the girl he loved dearly and nothing could make him happier. This was the best day ever. Then again, he would say that multiple times later in the future. He would call a lot of days the best day ever. Like the day the school opened. Quite a lot of royals, young and old, would come to the school to learn something new. Roland even went to try baking again. He was much better than the first time and that was an accident.

Lots of people learned sorcery from (Y/N) who was happy to teach there. But, after two years of good luck, (Y/N) got sick. Because of the whole poisoning thing before, Cedric was scared that someone was trying to poison her again. But, instead of waiting as long as last time, (Y/N) went to the doctors as soon as she could to see what was wrong. It wasn't an illness. In fact, it wasn't bad at all. It was something amazing. Excited by what she learned, she went to Cedric in his tower. She burst in, startling Cedric who dropped a potion he had just brewed.

"(Y/N)! You should know better than to burst in like that!" Cedric said.

"Sorry, I just got some news that I had to tell you," (Y/N) said.

"Please tell me it's related to you being sick," (Y/N) nodded, "What is it? Poison? Just a sick bug? What is it?"

(Y/N) was silent for a moment, "I'm expecting."

Now it was Cedric's turn to go quiet. (Y/N) was pregnant? But then he smiled and hugged her. He was going to be a father! How could he not be happy? He was also happy about it because the two have been trying to have a child for a while and now they'll finally have one. So, for the next nine months, (Y/N) didn't work at the school because Cedric wanted her to stay with him so he knew she was safe and so he could get her to a doctor quickly when it was time for the child to come. Just by all this, you could tell he was nervous.

This would be his first child after all. But he got scared when the time did come and he wasn't allowed in the room. He was so prepared for this moment but he didn't know he wasn't allowed in! Goodwyn came to see him through the painting and Cedric explained what was going on. Goodwyn assured Cedric that (Y/N) would be fine and that she's in good hands. After hours of worrying and hearing the screams from (Y/N), they stopped. After a few minutes, the doctor told Cedric he could come in now.

He ran in to see (Y/N) holding their new baby boy. He had Cedric's hair, his eyes, and (Y/N)'s skin. (Y/N) handed the boy to Cedric and he held him. A beautiful boy he was too. They decided to call him Miguel. Not long after Miguel was born, Maisyn and Greylock had a child too. A girl who they called Margo. Both couples loved their children. One night, while Madisyn was asleep, Greylock was up taking care of Margo because she had woken up. 

Greylock held her in his arms as he spoke to her, 'Dear Margo, what to say to you? You have my eyes, you have your grandmother's name. When you came into the world, you cried and it broke my heart. I'm dedicating every day to you. Domestic life was never quite my style. When you smile, you knock me out, I fall apart and I thought I was so smart. You will come of age with our young nation. We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation we'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday. Yeah, you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday.'

Cedric was also up because Miguel woke him up. Miguel was being fussy but Cedric got him to calm down.

"There we are, little one. We don't want to wake your mother up now do we?" Cedric said smiling and Miguel smiled back, 'Oh Miguel, when you smile I am undone. My son, look at my son. Pride is not the word I'm looking for. There is so much more inside me now. Oh, Miguel, you outshine the morning sun. My son. When you smile, I fall apart and I thought I was so smart. My father wasn't around...'

'My father wasn't around,' Greylock said 

'I swear that-'

'I'll be around for you,' the two said smiling

'I'll do whatever it takes,' Cedric said smiling

'I'll make a million mistakes,' Greylock said smiling

'I'll make the world safe and sound for you,' the two promised, 'Will come of age with our young nation. We'll bleed and fight for you, we'll make it right for you. If we lay a strong enough foundation we'll pass it on to you, we'll give the world to you and you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday. Yeah, you'll blow us all away. Someday, someday.'