Chapter 28

Draco was excited to get started on the Manor, he and Ginny have even set up a day to go to lunch and talk about what they needed to do to get everything ready. Seeing as Draco had just begun to get back into the wizarding world they both thought it was best to meet at the cafe to talk things over. Draco really didn't want to be all over the front page of the papers with Ginny. He figured people would twist everything they saw when it had to do with Harry Potter's wife and of course people still didn't like him. 

Draco got to the café early to help out a bit before Ginny arrived, in Draco's opinion she looked miserable and he wondered if this was going to be a good idea after all. 

"Ginny are you alright?" Draco wasn't sure if Ginny trusted him completely yet and he was thinking maybe she was just being cautious. 

"The morning sickness is just back in full force, and this morning was particularly terrible." She slumped down in a booth and looked from Draco to the chair for him to sit down as well.

"We could have rescheduled if you needed to. I...I am basically available every day." 

"No it's okay. I need to get out of the house while I still can without having to carry about so much stuff, and you know. A baby."

"So what do you think we even need to be able to figure out today to set everything in motion? I mean, the Manor is going to need to be cleaned out for sure. All of my family's old things will need to be sorted through and moved. I will have to do that soon. Plus if you wanted to see everything, I am not sure if anything will need to be updated. I would like to change some rooms around, maybe get rid of some." Draco was rambling on at this point, trying to figure out how he was going to be able to go back to the Manor for the first time since his mother had died to clean it out. 

"Draco, I am sure that we can help you go through the Manor, you never know there might be property in there that you wouldn't think would be useful for an orphanage, but it could be. Do you think you still have all of your old toys from when you were younger?"

"I am sure they are somewhere. I mean my family has lived there for generations, there is bound to be stuff that needs to be thrown out. Not to mention I am sure there are objects that need to be rid of. I don't think I have even been in all of the rooms. 

"Well when we were first starting the Order, my family had to clean out Sirus Black's old family home, and my mother was up for the task. She got it in tip-top shape in one summer and I am sure she would be more than happy to help us out if that is okay. Plus you can see if Andy wants any of your Mother's old things."

"Do you really think she would?" Draco was looking at Ginny with one eyebrow raised. His parents and his mother's family had been horrible to Andromeda when she went off and married Ted Tonks.

"I mean she was her sister, you never know. Your mother was probably just doing what she was told by her parents just like you did." Ginny knew Andy far better than Draco did, and knew she was quite upset when she found out that her sister had died at such a young age. 

"Well I suppose we can always see what she thinks." Draco took a deep breath. All this talk about the Manor was overwhelming him. It was making him miss his mother more than he had anticipated and was trying not to break down right there. 

Draco breathed a sigh of relief when Margaret sat down and started to ask what they were doing, she could always sense when Draco was feeling a bit sad, and tended to make him feel better. 

"What are the two of you whispering so animatedly about?"

Ginny looked at Draco with eyes that signaled for him to tell her. She really didn't speak to muggles that often and didn't want to let anything slip. 

"Ginny and I were just discussing my old family home. As you know I didn't have the happiest childhood there and I don't particularly ever want to live there. I also know my mother would probably rise from the grave if I ever thought about selling it, so Ginny is helping me figure a way to turn it into an orphanage

"Well that sounds like a wonderful idea Draco," Margaret was beaming. This boy had been so broken when she first met him. Now he had moved in with someone that made him happy she was beyond thrilled. She knew deep down that he deserved this, and it was finally happening to him, and now he was going to be helping other kids that need some love and she felt immense pride. 

Draco and Ginny continued to discuss what they would need to do to get the Manor ready and it seemed that bringing Molly into the fold was the most reasonable thing to do. 

"Well, I know Hermione might not approve, however, the house-elves that live at the Manor are still there. When Mother died, I told them that they could live there if they wished and that I was no longer in need of their services. They are free and I am sure if we ask them they might be willing to cook for the children."

"If they have the choice I don't see the problem." Ginny shrugged and figured if Draco was letting them live there then they were probably free to make their own choices, and she figured Hermione would be alright with that. 

"What about professors? Should we have them thought some muggle subjects beforehand? I know Hermione would approve of that. Plus I don't think them just lounging about all day is really the best idea."

"I am sure McGonagall might know some people who would be suitable. We could teach them Arithmetic, and you know how to read." Ginny was starting to look worried and Draco was concerned that she was going to get sick.

"Are you alright?"

"I am going to have to teach my children all of this, and I have no idea if I am qualified to do so."

"Ginny, you were a wonderful witch, still are. You will raise your son or daughter with love and that will get them through. Everything else is just extra."

"And how did you come to that assessment?"

"Because I had everything in the world except love from the one person I wanted it from and I was a git. You had all the love in the world and turned out great."

Ginny's face started to soften and she thanked Draco quietly. He really had changed, and she thought he might be the best person for Hermione now. As much as having Hermione as a sister would have been amazing, she still was as close as a sister would be to Hermione and that was good enough if that meant her best friend was going to be as happy as she was with Harry. 

"Well, I think we have a good foundation. Whenever you are ready to go to the Manor Draco let me know and we can go together with my mum. Take all the time you need, but keep in mind I have a baby coming." Ginny laughed and even pulled Draco into a hug. 

Draco could not believe this, he was becoming friends with Hermione's friends and she was becoming friends with Blaise. His dreams were really coming true. He had found joy and happiness again, and it wasn't from the café. 

"How was your meeting with Ginny dear?"

"It was productive, plus I think we may even be friends now." Draco smiled and pulled Hermione into a hug and she smiled into his chest. 

"I am glad," Hermione was so grateful that Draco was being accepted by her friends, and she was even more grateful that her friends were so willing to trust her judgement and start to open up to Draco. 

"Hermione, I am going to have to go to the Manor soon with Ginny. She said Molly might be willing to come too, and even give us a hand with the whole project. I am terrified to to back alone. I know asking you to come as well would be a lot." Draco couldn't go on. He knew it was entirely unfair for him to be asking Hermione to go back to the place that she was tortured, but he really felt as if they needed one another if either was going to be going there. 

"Draco, if you think I wouldn't go with you the first time you went back there you are mad. Of course I will go. It will be difficult for the both of us, but we will help one another get through it. Just let me know when you are going and we can all set up a time to meet up. We are here for one another.

Draco hugged Hermione tighter. She was wonderful.