Chapter 18

The trip back to London was less exciting than Hermione had hoped. She wanted to be able to jump right back into her work, but the vacation was so nice, she wanted to have a few more days to relax and spend with Draco. 

When they reached her flat, they slumped down on the couch. Traveling was exhausting after all. It was Monday evening, and Hermione was set to go back to work the next morning though she didn't want to. She grabbed the phone as she dialed the Minister. 

"Kingsley, hello, it's Hermione," 

"Hermione, how was the trip?"

"Wonderful, I think that Santorini may have been the most beautiful place I have ever been," 

"I am so glad that you had a nice time. I do hope you relaxed while you were there,"

"Yes, sir. I did. I was actually calling because the travel day seems to have wiped me out a bit more than expected, and I was hoping that I could take one more day to reacclimate, rest up. I know that sounds ridiculous,"

"Nonsense Hermione, take tomorrow. Work will be waiting when you return on Wednesday."

"Thank you so much sir, I appreciate it so very much,"

Hermione laid her head onto Draco's chest. She was content with him being here, and she wondered that maybe she didn't care what people thought; she just wanted to be with Draco now. 

"Since you have tomorrow off, why don't we sleep in, meet at the cafe for a nice breakfast and then look for some flats in the area?" Draco was stroking Hermione's hair, wondering if she really was alright living in the Muggle part of London. 

"I think that is a wonderful idea, Draco," 

"Perfect. What if you call me when you get up, and I'll head on over there?"

Hermione looked up, realizing that meant he wasn't planning on staying the night. She was used to Draco being in the same room as she slept now. It was normal, and it made her feel safe. She wondered how she was going to sleep tonight, knowing he wasn't there.

Draco stood up and lifted Hermione and pulled her into a hug, "Don't worry dear, I'll see you in the morning,"

"Alright," Hermione leaned her head up to meet Draco's eyes, and he kissed her softly when she did. He was falling in love with Hermione Granger, and quite frankly, he didn't mind at all who knew. 

Hermione arrived at the cafe a little for 10, and Draco was already there talking with Margret, and they both lit up when she walked in. 

"Hermione, I am so glad that you both had such a nice time," 

"Thanks for letting me steal him away for a week," Hermione was engulfed in a hug from Margret. Draco laughed softly at the sight, and then they both went and sat down with a cup of coffee. 

"So, did you line up some flats for today, or are we just going to be walking around aimlessly?" Hermione sipped her coffee, trying to figure out what the plan was for the day. 

"I have a few in mind," Draco smirked at Hermione; she really just couldn't let go fully. She needed to be in charge. 

"Great!" Hermione finished her coffee and breakfast, and soon after, they were saying goodbye to Margret and heading out the door. Draco took Hermione's hand, and they started toward the first flat that Draco thought would be a good fit.

"Most of the flats that we are going to see today are not available until the end of January or early February. The one isn't even available until May." 

"End of January early February seems like a reasonable time to announce to people that we are going to be moving in together. We should probably show up to something before we move in together, though."