Chapter 11

Hermione had decided to get ready at her own flat. She was worried enough to be going to this gala, and she thought showing up with Draco would really stir the pot. She had invited Harry over, and he should be here soon. She knew the press was going to be all over this story when they found out, and she figured that she should be the one to tell Harry what was going on. 

"Hermione?" Harry had just stepped out of the fireplace as Hermione was getting out of the shower. She wrapped the robe around herself and went into the living room.

"Hello, Harry,"

"How are you 'Mione?"

"I'm doing alright, yourself?"

"I'm good. Nervous about tomorrow."

"Everyone is going to be so thrilled, Harry. Don't be nervous."

"You said you wanted to talk to me?"

"Right, um..." Hermione was nervous now for sure. She wasn't sure how Harry was going to react to all of this and braced herself for the worst, "Well after Ron left, I have been going to this cafe in Muggle London. Well, after a few trips there, I found out that Draco actually owned the shop." She paused and waited for Harry to start to question what was going on, but he just nodded for her to go on, "Well, we ended up going to dinner a couple of times, and he asked me to go to his gala tonight with him so that he didn't have to go alone since he hasn't been in a few years. I told him I would. He seems different, really a changed man. I...I know the reporters are going to be all over this, and I didn't want you to find out from the Profit. Nothing is going on; we are just friends. It was just nice to talk to someone who didn't know every detail about the situation I am going through with Ron, and he is being such a gentleman about everything."

"I appreciate you telling me, Hermione. You should know by now that you don't have to explain yourself to me. You're my family, and nothing is going to change that."

"You aren't mad that it is Draco?"

"Hermione, if you think that he is different, then I believe you. I don't have to like him for you to be friends with him as long as he is being nice to you. 

"Thank you, Harry. I do not know what I would have done if you were upset about everything. It would have crushed me," Hermione hugged her best friend and smiled at him. 

"Call me when you get home, though. Please." Harry looked deep into Hermione's eyes. He trusted Hermione wholeheartedly, but that did not mean he had trust Malfoy.

"Of course, Harry." Hermione waved at him as he stepped into the fireplace.

"Don't worry about Ron; everything is going to work out." 

Hermione was grateful to Harry for knowing her so well. She was worried about Ron and what he would think when he found out about all of this. Hermione went back into her bedroom and finished getting ready. She applied a little makeup with bright red lipstick that would match the shoes that Ginny insisted that she wore.  After she started to fix her hair into a nice bun with a few strands of hair that framed her face, she smiled at her work and walked to her closest. She unzipped the bag and smiled again. She loved the dress that she had chosen with Ginny. It was elegant, and yet it didn't seem uptight. She could come off that way when she met new people, and she was going to try and avoid that tonight.