Chapter 13

"Draco. Hi,"

"Hermione, how was the Burrow?"

"Wonderful as always. Everyone is so happy for Ginny. Plus, I am going to be a godparent, so what could more exciting than that?"

"Ahh, little Potters running about. How wonderful," Draco laughed and racked his brain about why Hermione would be calling.

"I was wondering if you were busy right now?"

"Not at all; I was thinking about dinner. Having anything in mind?"

"Is the cafe still open?"

"Granger, that is hardly supper; you can do better than that,"

"Well, I would say that it is your turn to choose," Hermione smirked to herself.

"How about you come over to mine in about an hour, and I'll cook you something to return the favor,"

"Works for me; remember, I don't care for fish or anything that comes from the sea."

"Alright, I'll try to keep that in mind," Draco laughed, and Hermione scoffed into the phone. He better not make her eat seafood. 

"See you in an hour, Draco,"

Hermione went into her bathroom and washed her face before throwing some more clothes together in a bag. She did need to pack, but she was starting to have a crazy idea. The hour came and went quickly, and she was standing outside of Draco's door. 

"Hello," Hermione smiled as he opened the door and let her through. "It smells wonderful in here; I wasn't aware you could cook."

"When you live on your own, you don't really have a choice. You have to figure it out eventually. Or starve."

"True," Hermione looked around, taking in the flat she was standing in. She couldn't remember the last time she had been here, though the alcohol was to blame for that. He had a simple way of decorating in the fact that he had no decorations. 

"Wine?"

"Sure," Hermione sat down, and Draco poured her some. He left for the kitchen, she assumed, and she went on assessing his living situation. 

"So I made steak," Draco came back with two filets and some potatoes on two plates. Hermione smiled at the mention of food and couldn't wait to try it. 

"It looked great, Draco,"

"I had to guess how you like yours cooked. I hope it is alright,"

"How did you know I liked my steak rare?"

"I suppose from how many times I have seen you eat lamb now. You always go for the rarest pieces."

"Well, it is amazing. Thank you so much,"

The two talked for a little while about small things, and then after they were done eating, they moved into the living room. Hermione knew she had had too much wine already and was worried about asking him now. Maybe he would think that it was the alcohol talking. 

"Draco, I was wondering," She paused, thinking of the best way to phrase it, "I am leaving for Greece tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted to tag along?" She instantly became red. Why did she think this was going to be alright?

"Really? You want me to come?"

"Yes, I like hanging out with you, and I don't really want to go on a vacation alone."

"I would have to call Margret to see if she could handle the cafe without me for a week."

"Oh, of course," Hermione was getting redder by the second.