Challenge #23

Genevieves POV

After waking up at the Institute and my inner turmoil, I decided it was time to go visit Magnus and let him know I was ok.

As I head out of the institute, Clary and Jace walk together, quietly chatting as Clary giggles and blushes, feeling like a knife stabbing in my back but she's doing nothing wrong I know, she doesn't know about Jace and I, and there isn't even a 'Jace and I', its just some fun casual sex. Thats what I have to keep reminding myself although the feelings are getting harder and harder not to share. Hopefully Magnus can help.

Arriving at Magnus's house, I walk past the club and see it as popular as usual. Magnus somehow managed to het both mundanes and everyone else to enjoy this club and mainly avoid fights, a Switzerland of sorts in the middle of the war.

Ringing on the doorbell, Magnus opens it instantly and envelopes me in a hug. I hug him back instantly, feeling safe and at home with my old friend.

bringing me inside and seating me on the couch, Magnus summons some biscuits and tera and sits beside me.

"My darling what's wrong? I can sense there's something causing you deep struggle" he says in a deep low voice.

"Cut the bullshit Warlock, you're just trying to get information out of me" I pipe back, his face adorning a Cheshire grin.

"you know me too well, and must also know I will not give up" Magnus laughs with a knowing look on his face, making me burst out laughing knowing how true that was. There was no stopping him from getting the information he wanted.

I sat back up right, and settled my breathing from the laughing fit. I smiled at Magnus and moved closer to him,

"I have feelings for Jace" I blurt out suddenly.

Magnus's face doesn't transform into shock like I expected, rather he just smiles and gives me his 'father' look.

"I know you are mon amour" he replies gently like he was talking to a damaged bird.

how did he know? was I that obvious? did Jace know too?

"I think you should tell him, because judging off what I've seen he has feelings for you too. And you need someone mon amour, you need love, that's all I wish for you" Magnus tells me, looking deep into my eyes as they tear up at his sweet words, i feel myself starting to fully cry as Magnus pulls me in for a hug silently, not asking questions, just comforting me.

"you need to tell him"